We are more than halfway through series 1 of Oh Crumbs now as hit Episode 7, which is all about IBS and FODMAPs! This week we are joined by cookery book author and blogger Emma Hatcher this week, who blogs as She Can’t Eat What. Emma suffers from IBS and used the low FODMAP to help discover her specific dietary requirements. She is author of excellent cookbook the FODMAP Friendly Kitchen Cookbook and regularly posts new low FODMAP recipes on her website too.
We chatted to Emma about:
- her initial IBS diagnosis;
- realising that being gluten free wasn’t enough and her struggle to identify what was bothering her sensitive gut;
- what the three phases of the low FODMAP diet actually are and how you should put them into practice;
- identifying your personal food triggers;
- reducing stress around dining at restaurants and eating at friends’ houses;
- the best brands for low FODMAP products;
- practical cooking tips for how to replace the high FODMAP foods you miss; and
- how Canada is ahead of the game for gluten free food.
Before the interview, we talk about the very gluten free friendly London Brunch Festival (which showcased some of London’s top brunch spots), cross contamination in coffee shops, an epic afternoon tea and how not to feel like an awkward coeliac in restaurants.
Oh Crumbs – The Gluten Free Podcast: Episode 7 is now available on various podcast players. You can listen here direct through the player below or click on the links to be taken to your podcast player of choice.
Listen to Oh Crumbs – The Gluten Free Podcast
Or on your favourite podcast player, simply search “Oh Crumbs – the Gluten Free Podcast” or listen to the new Emma Hatcher episode via the links below:
We have teamed up with Emma to offer you the chance to win a signed copy of her incredibly useful FODMAP cook book “The FODMAP Friendly Kitchen”. Head over to our Instagram page now for details of how to enter!
That’s all from Oh Crumbs for now! If you enjoyed this episode why not listen to more in the Oh Crumbs podcast series:
- Oh Crumbs 6: Naomi Devlin & Coeliac Disease/Gut Health
- Oh Crumbs 5: Bryony Hopkins & IBD/Crohns Disease
- Oh Crumbs 4: Emma Amoscato & Family Allergy Lif