This honey mustard sausage bake is a delicious one pan meal that the whole family can enjoy. Pork sausages sit on top of roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, apple and red onion, all smothered in a tasty honey mustard glaze. Finished with some tenderstem broccoli on the side, it’s a great way to cook a full dinner on a single tray!
It’s naturally gluten free (if you use gluten free sausages, always check the ingredients as cheaper varieties can contain wheat rusk) and dairy free too. A great one to make if you have different dietary requirements to juggle.
The recipe will serve generous portions for two adults (or two adults and one young child). Simply double or triple the quantities if you have more mouths to feed.
Which Sausages Are Gluten Free?
In the UK there are loads of gluten free sausage varieties now, and most are clearly labelled as such in the supermarkets. The Tesco Finest range is a bit of a go to for me, as well as Jolly Hogg, Asda and Heck. Many other supermarket varieties are gluten free too, but always read the label to double check.
Is Mustard Gluten Free?
Most types of mustard are gluten free, however some premade English mustard is not. I use wholegrain mustard for this recipe, which should always be gluten free (always check the label). Dijon mustard is a good gluten free alternative too if you don’t have wholegrain.
Honey Mustard Sausage Bake Recipe
This recipe serves 2 people generously for lunch/dinner. Simply double it if you want to serve 4, or triple it for 6 people. Any leftovers can be kept in the fridge and used for a speedy lunch the next day.
You’ll find the method below, plus a couple of photos to help guide you through the recipe. Feel free to email me any questions or comments you might have. You can contact me at email@example.com or message me on Instagram/Facebook @myglutenfreeguide.
If you enjoy this honey mustard sausage bake, I would be really grateful if you could leave a star rating or review on the recipe card below. Thank you!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 600g white potatoes
- 300g sweet potatoes (or carrots)
- 6 gluten free pork sausages
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 red onions
- 1 apple
- Some sprigs of fresh thyme/1 tsp dried thyme
- 150g tenderstem broccoli
- 3 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- Take a large roasting tray or baking tray with sides and line with non-stick baking paper. Preheat the oven to 200C (fan).
- Peel and chop the potatoes and sweet potatoes and add to the tray with the olive oil. Stir to coat the potatoes with oil and distribute evenly across the tray.
- Peel the onions and cut into chunks, then nestle them in between the potatoes across the tray. Place the garlic cloves (skin on) onto the tray too and then top the vegetables with the sprigs of thyme (or sprinkle over dried thyme if you don't have any fresh).
- Pop the sausages on top of the potatoes and onions, then put the tray into the middle of the oven to cook for 45 minutes - halfway through cooking, add the apple slices and give everything a good stir. Make sure the sausage are still perched on top of everything when you pop the tray back into the oven (this will ensure they brown nicely while cooking).
- Prepare the honey mustard dressing by mixing the honey, mustard and cider vinegar together. Take the tray out of the oven and drizzle the honey mustard over the tray bake, giving everything a quick stir to help coat the veg and sausages.
- Place the tenderstem broccoli at the edges of the tray (see picture) and then pop the tray back into the oven for a final 10 minutes. Everything should now be cooked perfectly, so scoop into large bowls and enjoy!
For more easy and tasty meal ideas, why not try some of my other gluten free recipes or bookmark them for later:
Enjoy! Laura xxx