This rich tomato past sauce is naturally gluten free and packed with veggies. The addition of sundried tomatoes really enhances the flavour in this dish and once you stir the ricotta cheese through the result is a super smooth, luscious pasta sauce. My toddler enjoys this dish as much as we adults do, making it a perfect dinner for the whole family to enjoy.
Gluten Free Pasta Bake with Veggies (Serves 2-3)
- 1 large aubergine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 clove garlic
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 sundried tomatoes (finely sliced) or 2 tsp sundried tomato paste
- 500g tomato passata
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 100ml red wine (optional)
- 125g ricotta
- 250g gluten free pasta (I used the Morrisons gluten free fusilli for this gluten free pasta bake)
- Chop the stalk off the aubergine and dice it into small chunks. Transfer it to a high-sided frying pan or small saucepan with the olive oil and cook for 15 minutes until really soft.
- Add 1 minced clove of garlic, the grated courgettes and a good grinding of black pepper to the pan and cook over a medium heat until the courgettes have softened (about 10 minutes).
- Put the pasta on to cook in boiling water, per the instructions on the packet.
- Next add the chopped sundried tomatoes/sundried tomato paste to the vegetables in the pan and stir through before adding the passata, oregano, basil and red wine. Cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat.
- Turn the heat down to very low and add the ricotta. Stir in through the tomato sauce and heat for a minute or so just to warm the ricotta. Then set aside.
- Drain the pasta once it has cooked and tip into pasta bowls. Ladle the tomato ricotta sauce on top and serve immediately :).
I hope you enjoy! If you are looking for more gluten free meals ideas, why not try one of these recipes:
Bon appetit! x