I love a one pan meal and this easy tray bake with halloumi really hits the spot. It is super simple, is packed with veggie goodness and yummy flavours, and is a real crowd pleaser. It also happens to be naturally gluten free.
You can vary the base vegetables depending on what you have in your fridge to use up, as well as the quantity of each item. I use a base of potatoes, peppers, beetroot, tomatoes and red onions, but I often change it up and throw other bits in. Courgettes, aubergines, sweet potato, kale and cauliflower would also work wonderfully in the base mix.
This really is a great dinner to make as it minimises washing up time and cooks itself while you go off and do other things. Who doesn’t love a good time saver!
Finish it off with the fruity pop of pomegranate seeds and a drizzle of minted, garlic, lemony yoghurt to really boost the flavours. Or alternatively, try topping it with a few pine nuts and some fresh basil leaves, for a slightly different (equally delicious) vibe.
If you have any leftovers, they make for a brilliant lunch at work the next day. Simply pop some fresh salad leaves and crisp cucumber alongside the tray bake in your tupperware et voila!
Easy Tray Bake Supper with Pomegranate and Minted Yoghurt (Serves 2 as big portions)
I often make this for our family of three and find it is just the right amount for two adults and one young child (and we have big appetites). Serve some green salad on the side for the grown ups if you like a pop of freshness.
If you want to make it for more people, simply double the quantities and cook on two trays/add in extra veggies and potato. Or for four people serve it with some gluten free sausages or with a more substantial salad with avocados and tasty leaves. Feel free to mix it up as this recipe is really flexible!
You’ll find the recipe detailed below. Feel free to email me any questions or comments you might have. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on Instagram/Facebook @myglutenfreeguide.
If you enjoy this recipe, I would be really grateful if you could leave a star rating or review on the recipe card below. Thank you!
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 500g new potatoes (or large potatoes), chopped into chunks
- 2 peppers, stalks removed and deseeded, chopped into chunks
- 2 medium red onions, cut into eights
- 6 baby beetroot, cut into halves or quarters
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp mixed herbs (I used thyme, rosemary and parsley)
- 1 tsp tumeric
- Salt and pepper
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 225g halloumi, torn into small pieces
- A handful of pumpkin seeds
- 20ml balsamic vinegar
- The seeds from half a pomegranate
- 100ml greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- A squeeze of lemon juice (a quarter of a lemon)
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan) and prepare a large baking tray by drizzling it with the olive oil.
- Now add the potatoes, peppers, red onion and beetroot to the tray. Sprinkle the paprika, mixed herbs, tumeric and salt and pepper over the veggies. Give everything a good mix around with a spatula and then pop the tray into the over to roast for 45 minutes. Give everything a stir midway through cooking.
- After 45 minutes, remove the tray from the oven, drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the veggies and add the cherry tomatoes and halloumi. The tray then goes back in the over for a further 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds over the traybake, turn the oven up to 200C (fan) and cook everything for a final 5 minutes. Now you can quickly whip up the yoghurt dressing.
- Add the mint, yoghurt, minced garlic clove and lemon juice to a bowl and stir until well combined. Easy! This can now sit aside until the tray bake is ready.
- Remove the tray bake from the oven. The halloumi should be nicely browned on the edges and the veggies will be soft and tasty. Serve in large bowls, in generous portions. Drizzle the yoghurt dressing all over the veggies and them sprinkle with pomegranate seeds to finish. Enjoy!
For more easy one pan meal ideas, why not try some of my other recipes or bookmark them for later:
Enjoy! Laura xxx