There’s nothing more festive than cheese to really get you in the mood for Christmas, let alone baked Camembert. This year, I have partnered with Juvela to bring you the ULTIMATE gluten free baked Camembert board with all the trimmings. I’m reeeal excited about this one as not only does it look epic but also tastes AMAZING.
Below you will find details on how to create your own cheesy masterpiece, complete with Juvela gluten free bread dippers. Then you can pack that cheese board with some other seasonal goodies and the result is either a dreamy festive lunch or a stunning Christmas party centrepiece.
All of these elements can be made in advance, so you can assemble your board then pop the Camembert in the oven to bake 15 minutes before you want to serve.
Juvela’s gluten free bread works brilliantly in this recipe as it has such a good texture and really holds together. Ideal for dipping, as some other gluten free bread varieties would be too crumbly for this. The Juvela gluten free bread comes in both white and fibre varieties and is currently available in Tesco stores nationwide.
The Ultimate Gluten Free Baked Camembert Board
I’ve included some extra options below for the trimmings, but please just pick and choose whichever suit your personal taste. I wanted to give you lots of ideas as to some slightly different items to pair with your Camembert and Juvela gluten free bread dippers. From salted honey walnuts to pigs in blankets, there is so much you can trim this board with.
- A camembert (any type or size is fine)
- 8 slices Juvela gluten free bread (I used 4 white slices and 4 fibre slices, some variation gives a better effect visually)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 4 tsp sundried tomato pesto
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100g walnuts
- 3 tsp runny honey
- A large pinch Maldon salt
- Optional extras: figs with honey, parma ham, pigs in blankets, grapes, blackberries, crudities (I used cucumbers and radishes), chutney.
- Take a large wooden board or tray, on which you will assemble your Camembert feast.
- Prep the fruit and veg elements – wash, chop, peel – then set aside on kitchen paper to drain off any excess liquid. You can then add these items to the board. Try to contrast colours and textures for a real wow factor. And remember to leave a space in the centre for the baked Camembert.
- Add some slices of parma ham to the board up to 30 minutes before serving. Then take the figs and chop of the stalks. Use a sharp knife to carefully slice halfway down each fig, then rotate 90 degrees and slice again (so the fig looks quartered from above). Then use four fingers to gently press the base of the fig, one at the base of each quarter, which with yield a rose-like effect. Squeeze a tiny bit of runny honey onto each fig and then place then on top of the parma ham.
- Fill a pretty ramekin with chutney and add to the board.
- Get your grill going and put some gluten free pigs-in-blankets in to cook. These normally take around 15 minutes and you can serve them cold – easier for dipping! Set aside to cool once cooked.
- While they are cooking you can make the salted honey walnuts – so simple, but oh so good. Pop the walnuts into a frying pan and gently toast them (no oil required) over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring regularly to prevent burning. Then add 3 tsp honey and stir until they are well coated. Turn the heat right down to low and leave them to caramlise gently for a further 5 minutes. Sprinkle the Maldon salt over the walnuts then tip them out onto a piece of greaseproof paper – spacing them out so they don’t clump together as they cool – then set aside to let them go crunchy.
- Add the gluten free pigs in blankets and walnuts to the board.
- Now, time for those delicious gluten free bread dippers! Carefully slice the crusts off your Juvela bread, then cut each slice into thirds. Lay the gluten free bread fingers on a baking tray and gently toast under the grill for a few minutes, until they have coloured and crisped.
- While they are grilling, mix the crushed garlic, dried rosemary and olive oil together to create one of your toppings. The sundried tomato pesto one is easy as you can use it straight from the jar.
- Turn the Juvela gluten free bread dippers over and then add the toppings. I used a pastry brush for the oil-based topping, to get a good even spread. For the pesto the back of a teaspoon is great for spreading it to the edges. The dippers now go back under the grill for a couple of minutes until the garlic starts to smell reeeeeally good. Take them out and pop them aside to cool slightly. Then you can add them to your board and all your trimmings are raring to go.
- To bake your Camembert, remove any plastic packaging and leave in the wooden box packaging to prevent any leakage. Cut a criss-cross in the top rind of the Camember to allow any steam to escape, then bake in the oven at 180C for 15 minutes.
- Remove the Camembert from the oven, add to the board and serve immediately.
Et voila! The ultimate gluten free baked Camembert board,with delicious Juvela gluten free bread dippers. Be sure to tag me (@myglutenfreeguide)and Juvela (@juvelaglutenfree) on Instagram if you have a go at creating your own board this Christmas, we would love to see your creations.
If you liked this recipe, why not try some of my other festive gluten free food ideas:
*This is a paid sponsored feature in association with Juvela. I only ever advertise gluten free products that I personally enjoy and am happy to recommend to you all. All opinions on www.mygfguide.com are my own and are 100% genuine.