We make this easy gluten free pasta dish sooooo much at home, it’s one of our midweek faves. It is super easy and quick, bags you two of your five-a-day and tastes great.
Mushroom & Leek Pesto Pasta (Serves 2)
- One leek
- A large clove of garlic
- 125g chestnut mushrooms
- 120g pesto
- salt and pepper
- a little olive oil for cooking
- optional: grated parmesan and chilli flakes to serve
- Pan fry one sliced leek and a minced clove of garlic over a low heat in a little olive oil for about 7 minutes until soft and sweet.
- Put 150g gluten free pasta on to cook, per the instructions on the packet.
- Now back to the saucepan with the leeks and garlic. Turn up the heat to medium, add a punnet of sliced chestnut mushrooms and allow them to soften. If much water comes out of the mushrooms, allow this to cook off.
- Remove from the heat, add the pesto, some freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of salt and stir through.
- Drain the pasta when cooked and serve with the sauce stirred through, topped with grated parmesan and a pinch of chilli flakes if you like a little kick! Easy gluten free pasta is served.
Looking for more midweek meal ideas? Why not try one of these other gluten free recipes:
- Sizzling Chorizo Pasta Sauce
- Healthy Chicken Kebabs
- Halloumi & Roasted Vegetable Traybake
- Crispy Chickpea Bowl
- Easy Chorizo Stew