This sizzling chorizo pasta sauce is quick to whip up and a sensation for your tastebuds. It’s a non-saucy sauce with intensity of flavour coming from chorizo, sundried tomatoes and parmesan flakes. Sauces like this are ideal with gluten free gnocchi, but also works really well with spaghetti.
I have this chorizo pasta sauce firmly logged in my mid-week meal repertoire, especially for evenings when I want a quick but delicious meal.
If you have a little more time on your hands and fancy getting creative in the kitchen, try this sauce on homemade gnocchi. My gluten free gnocchi recipe is very straightforward, you simply need a little bit of time for the pasta shaping. I always find it quite therapeutic.
Sizzling Chorizo Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 1 leek
- Half a chorizo ring (110g)
- 1/2 a mugful of petit pois or garden peas (frozen are fine)
- 4 sundried tomatoes
- A clove of garlic
- Lots of freshly ground black pepper
- 75g parmesan flakes (to serve)
- First, top and tail your leek and give it a good wash to get any mud and gritty bits out from under the leaves. Now slice your leek lengthways and finely slice each length to give you lots of semi-circle rounds. Take a small saucepan, add a knob of butter or olive oil, then gently cook the leeks until soft.
- Chop the chorizo into small cubes then add to the leeks and allow to cook until the lovely tasty chorizo oil has appeared in the bottom of your saucepan. Sizzle gently for 5 minutes.
- Peel and crush the clove of garlic and add to the pan - make sure the heat isn't up too high at this point, as you do not want the garlic to burn.
- Next, add your petit pois and sundried tomato, stirring into the chorizo mix in the pan. Cook until the peas have fully defrosted and bright green. Then you are ready to dish up.
- Spoon the sauce over your gluten free gnocchi or pasta, then top with plenty of black pepper and a generous scatter of parmesan flakes. Dinner is served!
Cook your gluten free pasta while you are prearing this sauce - it is best served piping hot.
For more gluten free pasta ideas, why not check out some of my other recipes too:
- Sausage Meatball & Tomato Pasta Sauce
- Gnocchi Bake with Chorizo & Aubergine
- Salmon, Asparagus, Mascarpone & Spring Onion Pasta
- Midweek Pesto Pasta with Leeks & Mushrooms
- Garlic Mushroom Pasta Sauce
Enjoy! Laura xxx