These gluten free noodles are super speedy to whip up. The recipe produces a flavour-packed sesame peanut gluten free stir fry that can easily be made vegetarian or vegan by simply omitting the chicken. It still tastes just as good. From preparation, through cooking, to eating, this delight only takes 15 minutes to make and it is brimming with crunchy veggies and smothered in a tasty satay-esque sauce. It’s currently one of my lunchtime favourites and would also be a brilliant midweek evening meal when you want a proper bowlful of food without the hassle of having to do loads of prep or washing up.
I tried and tested my peanut butter tahini gluten free noodles with both leftover roast chicken and with fresh chicken breast. Either of these options work well but I have to say the leftovers give extra flavour and are my personal favourite. You can use any quantity of chicken for these gluten free noodles or simply omit entirely.
Peanut Butter Tahini Gluten Free Noodles (Serves 2)
- 1 tbsp oil (sunflower/vegetable/olive/sesame all fine)
- Enough leftover roast chicken for two people, shredded, or two chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 pack sugar snap peas
- 3 spring onions, sliced into rounds
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced into long strips
- 300g ready-cooked gluten free rice noodles (I used Amoy Straight to Wok Gluten Free Ribbon Rice Noodles)
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1.5 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- To serve (all optional): sesame seeds, crushed salted peanuts, chilli flakes
- Mix the tamari, lime juice, peanut butter, tahini and sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl. You will end up with a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Add the oil to a wok and place over a high heat. Place the chicken into the wok and stir regularly to stop it from sticking – if you are using leftovers, simply cook for 3 minutes, if you are using raw chicken then ensure the chicken is cooked through before you add the veggies.
- Pop the sugar snap peas, spring onions and carrot into the wok with the chicken – stir the ingredients around for a few minutes (still over a high heat) until the spring onion has started to soften and the sugar snaps have turned bright green.
- Add your gluten free noodles to the wok, breaking them up with your hands while adding if they are clumped together in the packet. Give them a good stir into the vegetables and chicken to soften them up (2 minutes) then turn the heat down to medium.
- Pour the peanut butter tahini sauce over the noodles in the wok and stir well to ensure everything is well-coated.
- Now serve your noodles in two bowls, topped with any combination (or all) of sesame seeds, crushed peanuts and chilli flakes. Delish!
For more gluten free midweek meal ideas, why not try one of my other easy gluten free recipes: