These lightly spiced chicken kebabs stay wonderfully moist thanks to the yoghurt marinade. I have omitted salt and pepper from the base recipe, as the spices and herbs make these kebabs really flavoursome – season at the end if you want.
I made some of these for lunch the other week, with a side of Greek salad, gluten free bread and homemade pea hummous. But, I think they would make amazing summer BBQ food too so be sure to save this recipe for your al fresco dining plans!
Healthy Chicken Kebabs (Serves 2)
- 300g chicken breast
- 1 tsp each of paprika, dried oregano, dried basil
- 3 tbsp plain yoghurt
- Place the yoghurt, herbs and paprika in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Chop the chicken breast into large chunks and add to the bowl with the yoghurt. Ensure the chicken is totally coated in the yoghurt mix then leave to marinate for a couple of minutes.
- Soak four short wooden skewers in water – this will stop them from burning when you cook the kebabs. If you do not have skewers, you can simply fry the chicken chunks individually.
- Cook over a medium-high heat until the chicken lightly charred on the outside and completely cooked through inside – approx 5 mins each side. Then serve!
If you enjoyed this healthy chicken kebabs recipe why not try one of my other speedy gluten free meal ideas: