The simplest Christmas gift to make, these gluten free double chocolate pretzels look and taste great! They take a couple of minutes to assemble, then after they have cooled you can pop them straight int a gift bag or gobble them all up instead :). Remember to check that the chocolate you are using is gluten free, with no may contain warning. I’ve noted the brands I used but do always check the back of the packet in case the recipe or manufacturing processes have changed.
Gluten Free Double Chocolate Pretzels
- 60g gluten free pretzels (I used Schar Gluten Free Pretzels)
- 100g giant chocolate buttons (I used Cadbury Dairy Milk Giant Buttons)
- 60g white chocolate buttons (I used Tesco White Chocolate Buttons)
- Count how many whole, unbroken pretzels you have in the packet and remember the number. Place that number of large milk chocolate buttons on a non-stick, heat proof baking sheet on top of an oven tray.
- Next place a white chocolate button on top of each milk chocolate button, then slide them carefully under the oven grill. If the grill is already hot they will only take a few seconds to melt, no more than a minute. You want them to hold their button form, so as soon as the surface of the buttons begins to look shiny take them out and place on a heat proof mat or work surface.
- While the chocolate is still molten, carefully place a gluten free pretzel on each button pile. Pressing the pretzel gently into the chocolate so that a little white chocolate squidges up into the gaps.
- Now set aside and allow them to cook fully. Once cooled, peel them off the mat and voila! You can place into a gift bag to make a nice gift or store in an airtight container until you are ready to serve them. This recipe makes enough for one gift bag.
If you enjoyed making my gluten free double chocolate pretzels then why not try one of these other treats:
* This recipe may contain affiliate links, meaning no impact on you but enabling me to keep running My Gluten Free Guide as a free website that is open to all :).