A newbie in my lunch time repertoire, these delicious gluten free veggie fritters combine succulent sweet potato with salty halloumi and it is a match made in heaven.
Make yourself a little lunchtime stack, top with a dollop of creme fraiche or maybe a poached egg, some slices of avocado…whatever you fancy! The recipe below makes 6 large fritters or 8 medium-sized ones.
Gluten Free Sweet Potato & Halloumi Fritters (Serves 2)
- 300g sweet potatoes
- 1 block halloumi cheese (approx 220g)
- 3 medium eggs
- 3 spring onions
- 100g plain gluten free flour
- 50 ml milk
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grate the potatoes and halloumi into a large bowl. Finely slice the spring onions and add them to the bowl.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl and stir them through the grated mixture. Then in goes the flour, paprika and black pepper. Finally add the milk and give the ingredients a big old stir.
- Shape into patties with your hands and then cook the gluten free sweet potato fritters over a low-medium heat for 10 minutes. Then flip and cook for a further 5 minutes on the other side. the low, slow cooking caramelises the sweet potato and brings out some amazing flavours.
- Then slide the fritters out of the pan, stack em up and serve with your choice of toppings.
If you liked this recipe why not try one of my other gluten free meal ideas. Click on the “recipe” tab at the top of the this page for the full selection, or try one of these good’uns: