A classic gluten free pancake recipe is a must for every coeliac chef’s repertoire. These thin crepe-style gluten free pancakes can be filled with sweet or savoury fillings and are incredibly quick and easy to whip up.
I am a total pancake fiend and am always making them. This recipe is one I have been using for years and actually know from heart. It started with one of my mum’s classic recipes, which I them simplified slightly to make it super easy.
These gluten free pancakes always work perfectly for me and I hope they become one of you go-to recipes too. Only simply ingredients are needed and as gluten free pancakes work so well, you can serve them to both coeliacs and gluten-eaters.
Gluten Free Pancakes (makes 8-10 pancakes)
You’ll find a full method below along with some pictures to help you as you work through this pancake recipe. Feel free to email me any questions or comments you might have – email@example.com – or DM me on social media @myglutenfreeguide.
Oh, also, please do leave a review on the recipe card below if you enjoy making and eating these pancakes. Thank you :)!
Only 3 ingredients are needed for these traditional gluten free pancakes. You can finish them with sweet or savoury toppings.
- 120g plain gluten free flour
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml milk
- Butter or oil for cooking
- Take a large mixing bowl and sift the flour into the bowl.
- Make a little well in the centre of the flour then crack the eggs into the well and mix with a fork to combine.
- Now gradually pour in the milk, whisking as you go to incorporate it and you will be left with your gluten free pancake batter.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat, melt in a little butter or a drop of oil then in goes a ladle of your gluten free pancake batter. Swirl the pan slightly to ensure the mixture is evenly-distributed then allow to cook for a couple of minutes before flipping the pancake.
- Cook for a further minute to brown the other side then serve, filled with fillings and toppings of your choice.
If you like this classic gluten free pancake recipe why not try one of my other gluten free pancake creations:
- Choco Banana Haert-Shaped Pancakes
- Blueberry American-Style Pancakes
- Banana Pancakes
- Pea & Ricotta Pancakes
- Sweet Potato & Halloumi Fritters
Happy cooking! x