These gluten free chocolate lava cake pots are my go to quick dessert when we have guests coming over (or if Dave and I fancy a midweek treat :D). They are little melting middle chocolate brownie pots and are absolutely delicious, with rich chocolate cake encasing a lava-like centre. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or dollop of clotted cream for ultimate luxury.
You can also make these ahead of time, store in the fridge, then bake just before serving to save on the prep time. Simply add 4 minutes onto the cooking time to account for the mixture being chilled instead of at room temperature.
Note: they maybe bubble over slightly during cooking (or they may not, depending on ramekin size) so place on an oven tray during baking to contain any mess.
Pimp Your Pots
If you want to go all out, try adding a teaspoonful of Nutella or chocolate spread to the centre of your pots. Simply pour in a little mix, add the chocolate spread, then cover with more mix. Totally delicious as you have an extra molten treat in the middle after baking.
Gluten Free Chocolate Lava Cake Pots (Makes 4)
This recipe makes 4 ramekin-sized chocolate pots. You’ll find a full method below, plus some photos to help guide you through the recipe.
Lastly, if you enjoy this recipe, I would be really grateful if you could leave a star rating or review on the recipe card below. Thank you!
Baked chocolate brownie cake pots with a melting chocolate "lava" centre. Super easy and quick to make and incredibly yummy!
- 110g good quality milk or dark chocolate
- 80g salted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 25g plain gluten free flour
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave in 30 second blasts, stirring in between, until molten and smooth.
- Add the butter, cut into small chunks, to the molten chocolate and stir through until it is fully melted and you have a glossy mixture.
- In a second bowl, mix the eggs, sugar and gluten free flour together so that they are well combined. Pour the chocolate-butter mixture gradually into the egg mixture, stirring continuously as you pour. Then you should mix until the two are fully incorporated.
- Take four small ramekins and evenly distribute the chocolate mixture between them. Place into the pre-heated oven and bake for 14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve straight away. The pots are meant to have a very molten centre with a slightly crispy, brownie-like outside. Serve with ice cream or clotted cream and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed my gluten free chocolate lava cake pots! If you are looking for more gluten free dessert ideas why not try one of these:
Bon appetit! x