These gluten free chocolate lava cake pots are my go to quick dessert when we have guests coming over (or if Dave and I fancy a midweek treat :D). They are little melting middle chocolate brownie pots and are absolutely delicious, with rich chocolate cake encasing a lava-like centre. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or dollop of clotted cream for ultimate luxury.
You can also make these ahead of time, store in the fridge, then bake just before serving to save on the prep time. Simply add 4 minutes onto the cooking time to account for the mixture being chilled instead of at room temperature.
Note: they maybe bubble over slightly during cooking (or they may not, depending on ramekin size) so place on an oven tray during baking to contain any mess.
Gluten Free Chocolate Lava Cake Pots (Makes 6)
- 220g good quality milk or dark chocolate
- 160g salted butter
- 4 medium eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 50g plain gluten free flour
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave in 30 second blasts, stirring in between, until molten and smooth.
- Add the butter, cut into small chunks, to the molten chocolate and stir through until it is fully melted and you have a glossy mixture.
- In a second bowl, mix the eggs, sugar and gluten free flour together so that they are well combined. Pour the chocolate-butter mixture gradually into the egg mixture, stirring continuously as you pour. Then you should mix until the two are fully incorporated.
- Grease the insides of six small ramekins with a little butter then evenly distribute the chocolate pot mixture between them. Place into the pre-heated oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve straight away. The pots are meant to have a very molten centre with a slightly crispy, brownie-like outside. Serve with ice cream or clotted cream and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed my gluten free chocolate lava cake pots! If you are looking for more gluten free dessert ideas why not try one of these:
Bon appetit! x