This delicious gluten free garlic mushroom pasta is one of those simple meals that you need to have in your midweek repertoire. A few easy ingredients are transformed into a TASTY bowlful of gluten free pasta that also packs in a good portion of veggies.
My gluten free garlic mushroom pasta uses low fat creme fraiche to keep things healthy, plus I feel this still yields a lovely silky sauce. Of course feel free to use the full fat version if you want, as the end result will be just a delicious.
Gluten Free Garlic Mushroom Pasta (Serves 2)
- 1 medium white onion
- Knob of butter
- 4 cloves garlic (averaged-sized cloves or 3 large cloves)
- 400g mushrooms (I use half chestnut and half field mushrooms), cut into slices
- Spring fresh parsley, chopped (if you have it – dried parsley is also fine, use 1 tsp)
- 100ml white wine
- 150ml low fat creme fraiche
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- 100g finely grated cheese – half cheddar, half parmesan is my fave combo
- Gluten free pasta to serve (approx 150g-200g dried pasta made up per the instructions on the packet)
- Finely dice the onion then cook it in the knob of butter over a low heat for 10 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Peel and mince the cloves of garlic, then add to the onion in the pan. Cook over a low heat for 2 minutes until the lovely garlicky aromas start to waft from the pan.
- Now turn the heat up to medium and add the mushrooms, parsley and black pepper. Cook for around 10 minutes, stirring regularly, until the mushrooms are soft and the excess liquid from the mushrooms has largely boiled off. [When the mushrooms go in you should get your pasta cooking so it is ready at the same time as the sauce.]
- Next add the white wine and simmer for a couple of minutes to allow it to reduce slightly.
- Finally stir the creme fraiche into the mushrooms and turn the heat right down to low. Warm it for a minute then you are good to serve the garlic mushroom pasta sauce.
- Serve on top of gluten free pasta with a generous sprinkling of the cheese on top, then salt to taste.
If you liked this pasta dish why not try one of my other gluten free pasta recipes:
- Homemade Gluten Free Gnocchi
- Sizzling Chorizo Pasta Sauce
- Smoked Salmon, Asparagus & Mascarpone Spaghetti
Buon appetito! x