Crispy, golden and much healthier than the shop-bought varieties, these gluten free baked chicken tenders are a doddle to make. Plus they are bound to be a hit with the whole family.
I first made these as a last minute weekend lunch option, wanting to do something different with the chicken breast we had in the fridge.
Although I do love a bit of proper fried chicken (you’ve got to try my Gluten Free Fried Chicken recipe!), we wanted something healthier at lunchtime. And baked breaded chicken tenders were the perfect alternative.
I used shop-bought gluten free breadcrumbs – specifically the Morrisons ones as they are great value. Then sliced the chicken into strips, dipped into a seasoned flour mix, then egg before coating with breadcrumbs.
Onto an oiled tray to bake for 15-20 minutes, these really are super quick and easy to make.
Both of my kids loved these chicken tenders. I chopped them into smaller pieces for our 1 year old and was happy when he wolfed them down, as normally he’s a bit picky with chicken. Then added some sweet potato, corn on the cob and avocado as sides for him, to make it a well-rounded meal.
Gluten Free Baked Chicken Tenders
This recipe serves four if you add side dishes, or two if you want a big ol’ pile of chicken to scoff on the sofa :).
You will find some handy pictures below, underneath the recipe. For any help along the way or if you have questions, please do message me on social media (@myglutenfreeguide) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do enjoy this gluten free baked chicken tenders recipe, please leave a review on the recipe card below. It makes a world of difference to me :). And you can also share photos of your home creations in my Cooking Club on Facebook.
Enjoy! Laura xxx
- 600g chicken breast
- 80g plain gluten free flour + 1 tbsp plain gf flour
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 130g gluten free breadcrumbs
- Slice the chicken breast into chicken tenders, at least the length of your middle finger and width of two fingers. Set aside.
- Take three small bowls: in one add the 80g gluten free plain flour, garlic granules, smoked paprika and salt (optional - if you're making for young children you can omit and season the grown ups' portion after cooking). In the second bowl, crack and whisk the eggs and tbsp gluten free flour. Then add the gluten free breadcrumbs to the third.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper and lightly oil it. Preheat the oven to 200C (fan)
- Take a chicken piece, dip it in the seasoned flour, then egg, then the breadcrumbs, before placing on the tray. Repeat with all pieces of chicken until you have trayful.
- Spritz with a little oil and then pop them into the oven to bake for 15-20 mins until golden and cooked through (don't overbake else they can dry out).
- Serve with your choice of sides - we went for corn on the cob, baked potatoes/sweet potatoes and beans!
For more gluten free meal ideas, why not try some of my other recipes or bookmark them for later: