Fast and simple yet satisfying, my gluten free avocado and cheddar cheese quesadillas are ideal when you need to rustle something up in a hurry. Eat them hot from the pan or let them cool and then serve with a chunky tomato salsa or sour cream dip.
Gluten Free Avocado & Cheddar Quesadillas with Tomato Salsa
Ingredients (Per person)
- 2 large gluten free tortilla wraps or 4 small gluten free tortillas (e.g. BFree, Genius, Old El Paso, Cool Chile Co all do gluten free wraps that work well for quesadillas)
- Half an avocado, peeled and chopped
- 50g cheddar cheese (depending how cheesy you like them you can have more or less), grated
- A pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- Black pepper
- 6 baby plum tomatoes
- A squeeze of lime
- A pinch of fresh parsely (if you have it), chopped
- Chop the tomatoes into small chunks and pop them into a small bowl. Squeeze the lime over the top, add a little black pepper and the parsley, mix then set aside.
- Take a frying pan and place over a high heat. Pop one wrap into the pan, sprinkle the cheddar cheese onto the wrap, top with avocado some black pepper and a sprinkle of chill flakes and then place the second gluten free wrap on top.
- Cook for two minutes on each side, until the wraps have coloured slightly and the cheese has melted.
- Carefully slide the quesadilla out of the pan and onto a chopping board. Chop the gluten free quesadilla into wedges (per the photo) and then serve with a big scoop of tomato salsa on the side.
I hope you enjoyed my gluten free quesadilla recipe but if you want some more recipe inspiration why not browse these:
- Paella with Chorizo & Prawns
- Scallops with Crispy Parma Ham & Pea Puree
- Sweet Potato & Halloumi Fritters
- White Chocolate & Raspberry Brownies
Bon appetit! x