Fast and simple yet satisfying, my gluten free avocado and cheddar cheese quesadillas are ideal when you need to rustle something up in a hurry. Eat them hot from the pan or let them cool and then serve with a chunky tomato salsa or sour cream dip.
This recipe uses gluten free tortillas, but if you are not gluten free simply make with regular tortillas – the method needed is exactly the same.
Avocado works so well with cheddar, adding an extra smooth creaminess that contrasts well with the sharp cheddar cheese.
This recipe also includes a simple homemade tomato salsa, which you can whip up in minutes. It’s perfect for scooping with slices of warm, crispy quesadilla.
I’m always surprised at how filling this meal is, even though it’s much lighter than a classic sandwich. And I have a big appetite!
Scroll on down for the recipe plus a couple of recipe photos to help you along the way.
Gluten Free Avocado & Cheddar Quesadillas with Tomato Salsa (Serves 1)
- 2 large gluten free tortilla wraps or 4 small gluten free tortillas (e.g. BFree, Genius, Old El Paso, Cool Chile Co all do gluten free wraps that work well for quesadillas)
- Half an avocado, peeled and chopped
- 50g cheddar cheese (depending how cheesy you like them you can have more or less), grated
- A pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- Black pepper
- 6 baby plum tomatoes
- A squeeze of lime
- A pinch of fresh parsely (if you have it), chopped
- Chop the tomatoes into small chunks and pop them into a small bowl. Squeeze the lime over the top, add a little black pepper and the parsley, mix then set aside.
- Take a frying pan and place over a high heat. Pop one wrap into the pan, sprinkle the cheddar cheese onto the wrap, top with avocado some black pepper and a sprinkle of chill flakes and then place the second gluten free wrap on top.
- Cook for two minutes on each side, until the wraps have coloured slightly and the cheese has melted.
- Carefully slide the quesadilla out of the pan and onto a chopping board. Chop the gluten free quesadilla into wedges (per the photo) and then serve with a big scoop of tomato salsa on the side.
I hope you enjoyed my gluten free quesadilla recipe but if you want some more recipe inspiration why not browse these:
- Paella with Chorizo & Prawns
- Scallops with Crispy Parma Ham & Pea Puree
- Sweet Potato & Halloumi Fritters
- White Chocolate & Raspberry Brownies
Bon appetit! x