Beautifully fluffy gluten free pancakes with a twist – sugar sprinkles scattered through the mix! The base gluten free pancake recipe doesn’t use any sugar as the sprinkles give a lovely sweetness once added. I made this as a bit of an experiment and we loved how they turned out so I knew I had to share the recipe with you guys asap.
Gluten Free Sprinkles Pancakes (makes approx 10)
- 190g gluten free self raising flour
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 150ml milk
- Gluten free sugar sprinkles (I used Dr Oetker “Unicorn Confetti”)
- Sift the gluten free flour and baking powder into a bowl then stir to mix them.
- Crack the eggs into the mixing bowl and use a fork to mix them into the flour until well combined.
- Now add the milk and whisk well to get rid of any lumps in the gluten free pancake batter.
- Leave the batter to rest of 15 minutes, then you can get cooking!
- Take a frying pan and place over a medium-low heat. Once the pan is hot, carefully ladle a small amount of pancake mix into the pan to create a pancake shape (approx 2 tbsp of mixture). You can have a few pancakes on the go at the same time if your pan is large enough.
- Now immediately shake some sprinkles all over the top of your gluten free pancake (approx 1 tsp per pancake). You want to do this while the mixture is still very wet so that some sprinkles sink down into the gluten free pancake batter.
- Once the pancake has risen slightly, with small bubbles popping round the edges of the pancake, carefully flip the gluten free pancake and cook for a further minute on the other side.
- Serve your gluten free sprinkles pancakes in a stack topped with your choice of toppings. I opted for more sprinkles, golden syrup and blueberries but chocolate would be amazing too!
Looking for more gluten free pancake recipes? Why not try one of these:
- Blueberry American Style Pancakes
- Classic Pancakes
- Pancake Dessert “Pasta”
- Chocolate & Banana Pancakes
- Baby Pancakes