Homemade granola is simply the best and this peanut butter and tahini variety is one of my favourite flavours yet. Incredibly easy and quick to make at home, it’s much better value than shop-bought varieties and you know exactly what is going into your breakfast bowl.
This yummy granola features Juvela gluten free oats, nuts and seeds smothered in peanut butter, tahini, maple syrup and coconut oil. Add a pinch of salt and you’ve a perfect bowlful to start the day.
To go one step further for a real luxury granola, add a scattering of white chocolate chips after baking. It’s such a yummy treat, but bear in mind this variation is not dairy free (unless you use df choc of course).
I get my Juvela gluten free oats from the Juvela Gluten Free Boxes, which you can order from their website shop. They have a fantastic selection of gluten free products for you to order for direct home delivery. Read more about the boxes here in my previous review.
You can also order Juvela gluten free oats on prescription, if you live in a prescribing area. Juvela have a useful postcode checker on their website. Simply enter your postcode and see if gluten free prescriptions for adults are still being provided locally. If you are eligible, speak to your GP about setting up a prescription.
I enjoy this peanut butter and tahini granola with a big dollop of plain Greek yoghurt and plenty of fresh fruit. Add a drizzle of honey if you want extra sweetness, or maybe even sprinkle it on top of a smoothie bowl.
For a scrummy afternoon treat, it’s also lovely with ice cream! A cheeky dessert that will keep your gut happy thanks to all the fibre from those Juvela oats.
Peanut Butter & Tahini Granola Recipe
This recipe makes a jarful of granola. It’s best stored in an airtight container and will last well for a good week or so (but I guarantee you’ll eat it all before the week is up!).
You’ll find a full method below, plus some photos to help guide you through the recipe. However, feel free to email me any questions or comments you might have. You can contact me at email@example.com or message me on Instagram/Facebook @myglutenfreeguide.
I love seeing your home creations too so please send me photos of your homemade granola, or tag @myglutenfreeguide and @juvelaglutenfree on social media :).
Lastly, if you enjoy this recipe, I would be really grateful if you could leave a star rating or review on the recipe card below. Thank you!
- 150g coconut oil
- 150g smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 100ml maple syrup
- 400g Juvela gluten free oats
- 125g nuts and seeds (I use cashews and sunflower seeds)
- 1 pinch Maldon sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 150C (fan) and line a large oven tray with non-stick baking paper.
- In a small saucepan melt the coconut oil with the peanut butter, tahini and maple syrup until you have a smooth, lump-free mixture.
- Add the Juvela gluten free oats to a large mixing bowl and pour the peanut butter mixture over the oats. Stir well to combine and create the granola base.
- Add a pinch of sea salt, the seeds and chopped nuts to the granola and stir to distribute them evenly.
- Tip the contents of the bowl onto the prepared baking tray and spread into an even layer (about 1-2cm thick). Bake in the oven at 150C for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool entirely, before storing in an air-tight container or jar.
If you want to make the luxury version of this granola, simply scatter 100g white chocolate chips over the tray of granola after it has been baked and leave to cool.
To learn more about Juvela and their product range visit their website www.juvela.co.uk, where you can also shop for the fabulous subscription boxes. Then you can also give my other Juvela recipe a try – Gluten Free Soft Pretzels – made using the Juvela White Mix. They are delicious and would be another great addition to your breakfast spread, alongside this peanut butter and tahini granola :).
*This is a paid sponsored feature in association with Juvela. I only ever promote products that I personally enjoy and am happy to recommend to you all. All opinions on www.mygfguide.com are my own and are always 100% genuine.