This recipe is extracted from my FREE Gluten Free Halloween Cook eBook, which you can download now and easily print at home to make cooking easier. It contains eight spooktacular gluten free Halloween recipes and handy step by step instructions.
A fun one for Halloween, these little gluten free ghosts will look fantastic on your Halloween party table and taste delicious too. I used a Halloween cookie cutter set from M&S to create the shapes, which you can also buy on Amazon. You could also freestyle and cut the toast into ghost shapes with a pair of scissors if you don’t have any cutters.
You can prepare all the ingredients for these avoghost toasts ahead of time, then assemble just before you are ready to serve. Prep them too early and the avocado might start to brown, but assembling them should only take 5 minutes.
Gluten Free Avoghost Toasts (Makes 10-12)
- 2 medium, ripe avocados
- juice quarter of a lime
- salt and pepper
- black olives sliced into rounds (one per ghost)
- a small handful of pomegranate seeds (two per ghost)
- a loaf of gluten free bread (10-12 slices)
- Toast the gluten free bread in a toaster and set the slices aside to cool fully while you prep the other ingredients.
- Peel, destone and mash the avocados, add the lime juice and then season with salt and pepper. Place an avocado stone in the bowl until you are ready to assemble, which will prevent the avocado from browning.
- Prepare the pomegranate seeds and olive rounds, or any other toppings you wish to use for the ghosts’ faces.
- Press a ghost-shaped cookie cutter (or freestyle and cut by hand) into each slice of toast until you have 10-12 ghost-shaped toasts.
- Top each toast with mashed avocado, spreading right to the edges. Then place two pomegranate seeds as eyes and an olive round as the mouth for each ghost. Serve straight away on a spooky platter!
This avoghost toast recipe is taken from my Gluten Free Halloween Cookbook, which you can download for free via this link.
Happy Halloween! x