A perfect side dish for so many meals, homemade gluten free garlic bread is mouthwateringly-good. It is very simple to make and only take 10 minutes in the oven. This recipe uses premade gluten free bread – I used Juvela fresh rolls as they bake up really nicely, but any variety of gluten free bread or rolls will do.
Gluten Free Garlic Bread
Ingredients (serves 2)
- Two gluten free bread rolls (I used Juvela fresh white rolls) or four slices of gluten free bread
- Three cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 50g softened butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of fresh or dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a ramekin or small bowl, mix the garlic, butter, olive oil, salt and pepper and parsley together. They should be well combined into a buttery paste.
- Slice the rolls in half and then place on a small baking tray, atop some greaseproof paper.
- Divide the garlic butter mixture evenly between the four roll halves (or slices of bread) and use a knife to spread the butter evenly across each piece. Go right to the edges.
- Place the tray into the preheated oven and bake the rolls for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, close the rolls (i.e. place one half back onto the other half) with the garlic butter side facing inwards.
- Bake for a further 5 minutes then remove from the oven and serve while still hot.
Try making this gluten free garlic bread as a side for one of the following gluten free dishes: