Egg fried rice is such a staple side dish for us and we often pair it with my gluten free stir fry recipe. My gluten free egg fried rice is quick and easy to make and suits the whole family – our 1 year old loves it, although we omit the salt when making for her.
Egg Fried Rice
- 240g basmati rice
- 580ml water
- 6 spring onions
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 200g frozen peas
- 4 medium eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper and Maldon salt to taste
1. Add 240g basmati rice to a non-stick saucepan with 580ml water. Bring to the boil then pop the lid on and turn the heat right down to the lowest setting. Cook until all the water has been soaked up and the rice is soft and fluffy. Set aside.
2. Take a wok and place over a medium heat. Fry a bunch (approx 6) chopped spring onions in the sesame oil, then add 200g frozen peas and toss until cooked.
3. Tip the cooked rice into the wok, pour over 4 beaten eggs, then stir for 5 minutes over the heat until the egg has cooked and everything is well combined.
4. Season with salt and pepper then serve with a big ladleful of stir fry or sweet and sour – yummy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, why not try one of my other gluten free side dishes: