This lovely pasta dish features pan-fried gnocchi with braised leeks, pancetta and peas in a light creamy sauce. It’s the perfect change from your classic pesto pasta or tomatoey pasta sauces and has been a big hit with my family.
I used gluten free gnocchi for mine, but you can of course use normal gnocchi if you are not gluten intolerant. The recipe will be exactly the same.
However, if you are coeliac like me you can get hold of gluten free gnocchi in most supermarkets these days. The Difatti range is delicious and we are also big fans of the Morrisons free from gnocchi (which is also really well-priced).
I absolutely love fried pasta in any form. It’s a fab way of transforming any simply pasta dish, giving beautiful crispy edges to contrast the satisfying pasta stodge. You cook the pasta first in boiling water, then finish by pan-frying – simples!
I would vote that a cold glass of white wine is all you need on the side of this pasta :D. But it would also be lovely with a big green salad topped with pine nuts and juicy tomatoes for some al fresco entertaining.
Pan-fried Gnocchi with Pancetta, Leeks & Peas Recipe
This recipe serves two people – simply double the quantities if you are cooking for a 4 (or triple for 6). You’ll find a full method below, plus some photos to help guide you through the recipe.
Feel free to email me any questions or comments you might have. You can contact me at email@example.com or message me on Instagram/Facebook @myglutenfreeguide.
If you enjoy this recipe, I would be really grateful if you could leave a star rating or review on the recipe card below. Thank you!
Pan-fried Gnocchi with Pancetta, Leeks & Peas
- 2 leeks
- 25g butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 150ml white wine
- Half a chicken stock cube
- 140g smoked pancetta cubes
- 1 clove garlic
- 200g frozen peas
- 75ml double cream
- Juice of a half a lemon
- 1 pack gluten free gnocchi
- To serve: grated parmesan, salt and black pepper
- Halve and slice the leeks, then add to a large frying pan with the butter and olive oil. Cook over a medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add 150ml white wine to the leeks, crumble the half chicken stock cube over the top and stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes until the liquid has evapourated and the leeks are super soft. Then transfer the leeks to a plate and set aside. The stock and wine are an amazing flavour booster and create a delicious base for this dish.
- Now add the pancetta cubes to the empty pan, turn the heat up to medium and cook until they have turned crispy on the outside.
- While the pancetta is cooking, cook your gnocchi in boiling water per the packet instructions. Then drain and set aside.
- Take the pancetta out of the pan, drain off any excess fat and give the pan a wipe to remove any residue. Add the leeks, pancetta and cooked gnocchi to the pan and fry over a medium heat for a few minutes to lightly colour the gnocchi.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the minced clove of garlic and the frozen peas - cook for a few minutes until the peas are almost cooked through.
- Add the cream, the lemon juice and some freshly grated black pepper to the pan and cook for a couple more minutes before serving.
- Finish with grated parmesan and season to taste.
For more speedy gluten free meal ideas, why not check out some of my other recipes while you are here. Bookmark them for later or try them for dinner tonight:
- Easy Puff Pastry Spring Tart
- Mac & Cheese with Hidden Vegetables
- Honey Soy Chicken Breasts
- Sweet Potato & Halloumi Buddha Bowl
- Mexican Rice One Pot
Enjoy! Laura xxx