A surprisingly simple fun gluten free pancakes recipe for the whole family (or you big kids out there!). Slice up some gluten free crepes, arrange, then top with chocolate sauce, sprinkles and any other toppings you fancy. This is sure to be a hit for pancake day!
Gluten Free Funfetti Pancake “Pasta” (serves 4)
- 120g plain gluten free flour (I used Dove’s Farm)
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml milk
- Butter or oil for cooking
- Chocolate sauce (I used Sweet Freedom)
- Gluten free sprinkles (I used Dr Oetker)
- First, we make the gluten free pancakes that will provide the main pancake “pasta” base. Take a large mixing bowl and sift the gluten free flour into the bowl.
- Make a little well in the centre of the gluten free flour then crack the eggs into the well and mix with a fork to combine.
- Now gradually pour in the milk, whisking as you go to incorporate it and you will be left with your gluten free pancake batter. It should be nice and smooth, with no lumps – give it a good whisk to break up any remaining lumps.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat, melt in a little butter or a drop of oil then pour in a ladle of your gluten free pancake batter.
- Swirl the pan slightly to ensure the mixture is evenly-distributed then allow to cook for a couple of minutes before flipping the pancake.
- Cook for a further minute to brown the other side then transfer to a large chopping board. Make the other pancakes and add to the pile.
- Once all the pancakes are made, transfer the whole stack back to the pan for a couple of minutes to warm them through.
- Now slide the stack back to the chopping board and slice the pancakes into long strips with a sharp knife.
- To serve, you can either arrange the strips yourself into a pasta type form and then add the toppings, but it can be more fun to let everyone do it themselves. Kids will love arranging the gluten free pancake pasta and adding lots of tasty toppings!
If you enjoyed this recipe why not try one of my other gluten free pancake varieties: