Phwoar these white chocolate and salted caramel blondies are absolutely droolworthy! When I first baked them my husband and I gobbled three pieces each and had to use some serious restraint not to eat more. That beautiful caramelised blondie flavour with creamy white chocolate and salted caramel is almost too hard to resist.
My gluten free blondies are lovely and fudgy in the centre with a gently chewy crust. No one will ever guess that these are gluten free, so they are a fab bake to make for family and friends. Or just whip up a batch to make your weekend extra tasty! They will keep well for a few days.
You don’t need many ingredients to make these white chocolate and salted caramel blondies and the method is very straightforward. Everything is mixed simply in a mixing bowl (no stand mixer needed), then baked in the oven before being chilled to set.
I’ve used a homemade salted caramel in this recipe (which is SO EASY to make, trust me). However, you can use shop-bought too if you prefer to skip that step.
Do I Need to Include the Corn Flour/Corn Starch?
I have included corn flour in my recipe as it helps to create the slightly chewy crust on these gluten free blondies. If you don’t have any corn flour, don’t fret, simply replace it with 20g plain gluten free flour inside. The white chocolate and salted caramel blondies will have a slightly different texture but will still be super yummy.
What Chocolate Brand Have You Used?
I’ve used Callebaut Belgian White Chocolate as their callets are like large chocolate chips. They work really nicely (plus their chocolate is gluten free with no may contain warning). Another go to for me are the Dr Oetker white chocolate chips. I’ve also used the Sainsburys own brand version recently too.
Gluten Free White Chocolate & Salted Caramel Blondies Recipe
This recipe makes approximately 16 blondies (or 12 if you cut them larger). You’ll find a full method below, plus some photos to help guide you through the recipe. However, feel free to email me any questions or comments you might have.
You can contact me at email@example.com or message me on Instagram/Facebook @myglutenfreeguide. I love seeing your home bakes too so please send me photos of your creations :).
Lastly, if you enjoy this recipe, I would be really grateful if you could leave a star rating or review on the recipe card below. Thank you!
White Chocolate & Salted Caramel Blondies (GF)
- 200g unsalted butter
- 250g light brown soft sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 large eggs
- 250g plain gluten free flour (I used FREEE by Doves Farm)
- 1.5 tbsp cornflour (UK)/corn starch (US)
- Pinch of salt
- 150g white chocolate chips
For the salted caramel sauce (or use 150ml shop bought caramel if you prefer):
- 35g butter
- 25g light brown sugar
- 25g caster sugar
- 25ml golden syrup
- 60ml double cream
- 0.5 tsp sea salt flakes
- First make the salted caramel sauce - melt 35g butter, 25g light brown sugar, 25g caster sugar and 25ml golden syrup together in a small non-stick pan over a low heat. Cook very gently for 10 minutes or until it is starting to bubble and simmer slightly. Swirl the pan to mix the ingredients.
- Add the cream and the 0.5 tsp sea salt to the pan, swirling to ensure fully mixed and then remove from the heat. Pour the salted caramel into a jug and set aside while you make the blondie batter.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan). Grease and line a non-stick brownie tin (mine is 20cm square).
- In a new saucepan, melt the butter then add the light brown sugar. Stir together for a couple of minutes then pour the butter sugar mixture into a large mixing bowl. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and the eggs to the bowl with the butter and sugar - stir immediately to combine the ingredients fully until you have a smooth batter.
- Now sift the plain flour, corn flour and salt into the bowl, stir again until you have a thick blondie batter.
- Tip three quarters of the chocolate chips into the batter and stir through. Set the rest aside for the moment, as we will scatter these on top of the blondies after baking.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and spread it evenly to the edges. Pour small puddles of salted caramel sauce on top of the batter (see picture below), using about half of the sauce you have made. Swirl the salted caramel through the blondie batter using a knife to create a nice marbled effect on top.
- Place the blondies in the middle of the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes. You want a slight wobble when you take them out of the oven, but the batter should be fully cooked on top and slightly cracked around the edges.
- Once out of the oven, pour more salted caramel into any cracks or swirls on the top of the blondies. You might use all the caramel but if you have any left keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days and enjoy on ice cream! Now scatter the remaining chocolate chips over the top of the blondies and then set aside to cool for 1 hour (still in the tin). Once the tin is cool to touch, you can also pop them into the fridge to speed up the cooling time.
- When the blondies have cooled, carefully lift them out on the tin and transfer to a chopping board. Cut into 16 pieces and enjoy!
For more delicious gluten free bakes, why not try some of my other recipes while you are here, or bookmark them for later:
- Salted Caramel Swirl Brownies
- Lemon & Poppyseed Cupcakes
- Double Chocolate Cookies
- Red Velvet Cake
- Spiced Orange Loaf Cake
Happy Baking! Laura xxx