I made this gluten free pesto pasta recipe recently using my homemade Wild Garlic Pesto but it works just as well with shop-bought pesto or homemade basil pesto. It’s a simple dinner, but a great way of adding some extra vegetables into an otherwise basic pasta dish.
Gluten Free Pesto Pasta with Aubergine & Tomato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 aubergine
- 100g baby plum tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 200g gluten free spaghetti
- 150g pesto
- Wash and chop the aubergine into small pieces. Then place into a large frying pan with the oil and slow cook for 15 minutes (medium heat) until very soft and golden on the outside. Set aside.
- Now make your gluten free spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet.
- A couple of minutes before the spaghetti cooking time has ended, put the pan with aubergine back on the heat, turn up to medium-high and throw the whole cherry tomatoes into the pan.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until the tomatoes are swollen and everything in the pan is fully warmed through.
- Drain the pasta, then add the spaghetti and the pesto to the pan with the aubergine and tomatoes. Turn off the heat and stir really well until the pesto has fully coated the spaghetti.
- Serve the gluten free pesto pasta immediately and enjoy :).
If you enjoyed this recipe why not try one of my other gluten free meal ideas or baking recipes:
- Sweet Potato & Halloumi Fritters
- Pancetta, Parmesan & Courgette Quiche
- Quinoa, Halloumi & Pomegranate Salad
- White Chocolate & Raspberry Brownies
- Chocolate Tartlets
Bon appetit! x