A speedy and delicious side or appetiser, these gluten free soft breadsticks take 25 minutes to make and you’ll only need 2 ingredients – Greek yoghurt and gluten free self raising flour.
Plus you can easily make these into cheesy gluten free breadsticks or garlic butter breadsticks – I’ve included all the details in the recipe below.
Can I Substitute a Different Flour Blend?
If you don’t have self raising flour, then you can subsitute plain gluten free flour/all purpose flour plus 2 tsp baking powder instead.
The blend I’ve used is FREEE gluten free self raising flour, which is very similar in ingredients to the King Arthur 1-to-1 Baking Flour. For those of you in the US, this would be a good sub (plus the addition of baking powder).
Can I Make Them In Advance?
You can make the dough and shape them in advance – handy if you want to make lots for a party. Then cover them with cling film until ready to bake.
If you are prepping more than an hour in advance, pop them in the fridge (covered with clingfilm). Then take them out about 30 minutes before baking.
They are best baked fresh, as tend to go stale after a couple of hours.
Gluten Free 2-Ingredient Soft Breadsticks Recipe
This recipe makes 6 soft breadsticks, which works nicely for 2 people as a side dish. Simply halve/double/triple the recipe if you need to make more or less. The method remains the same.
You will find step by step photos underneath the recipe, in case you need a visual guide. For any other help along the way or if you have questions, please do message me on social media (@myglutenfreeguide) or email me at email@example.com.
If you enjoy this gluten free soft breadsticks recipe, please leave a review on the recipe card below and spread the word! It makes a world of difference to me :).
Thank you so much! Laura xxx
Easy, peasy, delicious gluten free soft breadsticks, made using only two ingredients. Perfect as a side dish or appetizer.
- 200g gluten free self-raising flour (I used FREEE)
- 170g Greek yoghurt/thick plain yoghurt (full fat)
- Optional to finish: a little olive oil for brushing and a sprinkle of Maldon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan) and line a medium-sized baking tray with non stick baking paper.
- Add the flour and yoghurt to a bowl and mix with a spoon until you have a crumbly dough. Knead with your hands for a few minutes, until you have a smooth ball of dough.
- Split the dough into 6 equal-sized pieces and roll each into a long sausage shape, approx 2-3cm thick. Arrange your breadsticks on the tray and (optional for a more golden finish) brush the tops with a little olive oil and finish with a sprinkle of salt.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 20 minutes, until golden and delicious.
If you want to make them into garlic butter breadsticks, simply melt the butter in a small ramekin, add the garlic a tsp olive oil and the dried parsley. Stir to combine, then brush over the hot breadsticks. Enjoy!
For a cheesy variation, add 70g grated cheddar to the dough (after step 2) and mix well to combine. Then roll and bake as per the recipe.
If you only have a plain flour blend, add 2 tsp baking powder to create self-raising (plus 0.25 tsp xanthan gum, if your blend does not contain it).
For more easy, non-yeasted gluten free bread recipes, why not try one of these:
Happy baking! Laura xxx