A rather tasty midweek meal, these gluten free baked beef tacos are packed with flavour and quick to whip up. Seasoned beef mince, peppers and onion in crisp taco shells, baked with cheese and jalapenos, then finished with guacamole – SO delicious!
If you are cooking this for your family or a group with different spice preferences, this is an ideal meal to make. It is very easy to tailor spice levels and people can add or omit elements like jalepenos depending on how hot they like their meal.
My daughter, for example, has a non spicy version, with pepper sticks and pomegranate seeds on the side for extra veg (she’s 3). Whereas I piled on the spicy sauce for me and my husband.
Can I Make My Own Taco Seasoning and Sauce?
I’ve used shop-bought versions for sheep and convenience, but you could make these from scratch if you prefer. You’ll find plenty of recipes online for these elements.
I use the Santa Maria range for my beef taco bake, as their products are gluten free and work really nicely for this dish.
Crispy Beef Taco Bake Recipe
This gluten free beef taco bake serves 4 people. You’ll find a full method below, with some pictures to guide you through the recipe. If you have any questions feel free to get in touch. You can contact me at email@example.com or message me on Instagram/Facebook @myglutenfreeguide.
Lastly, if you enjoy these beef tacos, I would be really grateful if you could leave a star rating or review on the recipe card below. Thank you!
Crispy Beef Taco Bake
These natually gluten free baked beef tacos are packed with flavour and quick to whip up. Seasoned beef mince, peppers and onion in crisp taco shells, baked with cheese and jalapenos, then finished with guacamole - SO delicious!
- 1 red onion
- 2 bell peppers (red, orange or yellow)
- 500g beef mince
- 1 packet taco seasoning (I use Santa Maria Taco Seasoning 28g)
- 12 crispy taco shells
- 100ml taco sauce
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- Optional for some spice: 50g red or green jalepenos (from a jar)
- To serve: guacamole, crisp salad leaves and chunky tomato salsa
- Finely dice the red onion and two bell peppers. Place in a frying pan with a little oil and cook over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes until softened. Set aside.
- Brown 500g beef mince in the pan (cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the meat is cooked through and lightly browned on the outside). Then add the onion and peppers back into the pan before sprinkling the taco seasoning over the top and stirring through.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan). Take a large oven proof dish (or two) and fill with 12 crispy taco shells. Divide the seasoned beef between the shells and drizzle the taco sauce over the meat.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese and chopped jalapenos and pop into the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- Finish with guacamole and serve with crisp salad leaves and chunky tomato salsa. Enjoy!
For more midweek tex mex meals, check out some of my other gluten free recipes too:
- Mexican Sweet Potato Skins
- Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas
- Cajun Prawn Tacos
- Tex Mex Beef Burgers
- Homemade Corn Tortillas
Enjoy! Laura xxx