These witches finger garlic bread dippers are perfect for spooky buffets or as part of a Halloween meal. And incredibly tasty too!
Try them dipped in soup, to scoop chilli con carne or alongside a big bowlful of pasta to add some fun to dinnertime. Personally, I like them as a starter with my curried carrot, sweet potato and red lentil soup or as a main with my vegetarian chilli – yummy!
You can easily prep them in advance, if you’ve a big Halloween buffet to make too. They are wonderfully easy and versatile.
What Bread Should I Use?
I’ve made these with sliced white and seeded gluten free bread, but if you are not gluten free simply use wheat bread and follow the same method. Any type of bread will do.
I Don’t Like Olives, Can I Sub Them?
This is a fun recipe, so feel free to play around with the decorations. I use black olives as they look so effective, but you could use anything to create the fingernail.
Green pepper, sliced almonds, whatever you have to hand. Other varieties of olive, green, kalamata, etc, would work perfectly too.
Do You Have Any Other Halloween Recipes?
Yes! This recipe is extracted from my FREE Gluten Free Halloween Cook eBook, which you can download now and easily print at home to make cooking easier.
It contains eight spooktacular gluten free Halloween recipes and handy step by step instructions. From ghost cookie bites and molten monster bark, to avotoast ghosts and pond slime smoothies.
Witches Finger Garlic Bread Dippers Recipe (Makes 24 Fingers)
Feel free to email me any questions or comments you might have. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on Instagram/Facebook @myglutenfreeguide. I love seeing your spooky witches finger garlic bread dippers too so please send me photos of your creations :).
Lastly, if you enjoy this recipe, I would be really grateful if you could leave a star rating or review on the recipe card below. Thank you!
A fun Halloween savoury recipe, these "witches fingers" look spooky yet taste delicious. Ideal for a party buffet for a fun themed dinner, as a side dish.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25g butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic
- small bunch fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices gluten free bread
- 12 black olives, halved
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil with the softened butter until smooth. Finely mince the garlic cloves and finely chop the parsley (leaves and stalks) and then add to the bowl. Mix everything together until you have a nice, green paste and then season with a little salt and pepper. Set aside for a moment while you prepare the bread.
- Cut the crusts off your gluten free bread, so that you are left with crustless rectangular slices. Place the bread under the grill and lightly toast on one side only.
- Place the half-toasted bread on a chopping board, with the toasted side facing down. Spread the herby garlic butter all over the untoasted side of the bread. Place a row of black olive “nails” along one of the long sides of the rectangle (see photo below), then carefully slice the bread into fingers.
- Use a spatula to transfer the fingers to a non-stick oven tray and grill for 3-4 minutes until they start to smell deliciously garlicky and have begun to brown lightly at the edges. Serve immediately, preferably with a bowlful of my spiced parsnip and carrot soup. They will also go down an absolute storm served solo as party snacks too – who can resist garlic bread?!
If you enjoyed making these witches fingers garlic bread dippers and are looking for more gluten free Halloween ideas please do download my FREE printable Gluten Free Halloween Cookbook now. Otherwise you can also view some of the recipes on my website:
Happy Halloween! x