This gluten free stir fry sauce is super tasty and is adapted from a brilliant recipe my mum shared with me. For a quick midweek meal, stir fry is always a winner and this particular recipe is one of my favourite go-tos.
This base recipe is vegetarian, allowing you to add extra protein if you wish, such as chicken, prawns or tofu. We often have a veggie version though, sometimes sprinkling some cashews or peanuts over the top when finished for a bit of crunch.
This gluten free stir fry pairs beautifully with my homemade egg fried rice recipe. Give it a try or serve with simply brown of white basmati rice if you prefer.
Gluten Free Stir Fry Recipe (Serves 2 Hungry People)
You will find the recipe below and I’ve also added some photos under it to help make the method easy to follow. However, if you need any help along the way please do DM me on social media (@myglutenfreeguide) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, if you do enjoy this recipe please leave a review on the recipe card below – it makes a world of difference to me :).
Enjoy your meal!
- 2 tbsp gluten free tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- A small piece of ginger, chopped and peeled.
- One pack of baby sweetcorn – chopped into 1cm chunks
- A red pepper – deseeded and sliced into long strips
- Tenderstem broccoli – chopped into bitesize pieces
- One pak choi
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- A small handful cashew nuts
- First, make the sauce by mixing the gluten free tamari sauce, dark brown sugar, wine vinegar, sweet chilli sauce, ginger and garlic together. Stir well until they are combined.
- Take a large wok and add your sesame oil, allowing the pan to heat up.
- Keeping the heat high, add the sweetcorn, pepper, pak choi and broccoli to the wok. Stir regularly until the vegetables are starting to soften slightly, depending how crunchy you like them. I cook mine for around 5 minutes.
- Now add the sauce and give everything a good stir – sprinkle on the cashews and stir through. Then serve!
I like this stir fry best on a bed of rice, then sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds over the top.
If you enjoyed this recipe why not try one of my other gluten free midweek meals ideas or my weekly meal plans:
- 15 Gluten Free Vegetarian Midweek Meals
- 10 Gluten Free Meat/Fish Midweek Meals
- Weekly Gluten Free Meal Plan (week 1)
Bon appetit! x