Perfect fluffy gluten free pancakes, which are ideal for stacking, topping and drizzling with all sorts of sweet treats. You can even make these babies in advance and heat them up when you want to serve if you are pushed for time. PLUS they freeze well too…helloooo instant effort-free weekend pancake stacks!
If you’re more of a traditional pancake/crepe fan, then check out my classic gluten free pancakes recipe. They are super simple and equally delicious.
I tend to have these fluffy pancakes with sweet toppings and they taste amazing with ice cream, chocolate drizzle and crumbled cookies. However, they’d also work really well as a classic American breakfast pancake stack – crispy bacon and maple syrup galore.
My latest creation was a cookies and cream pancake stack, which was a HUGE hit with my family. Simply stack the pancakes, top them with vanilla ice cream (or homemade gluten free Oreo ice cream :D), crumbled gf Oreo cookies and a big drizzle of warm nutella or chocolate spread. Heaven!
Fluffy Gluten Free Pancakes Recipe
Recipe time! If you enjoy these gluten free pancakes, I would be really grateful if you could review the recipe on the card below.
You’ll find a full method below, but feel free to email me any questions or comments you might have as you work through the recipe. You can contact me at email@example.com – or DM me on social media @myglutenfreeguide.
- 190g gluten free self raising flour
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 150ml milk
- 20g caster sugar
- Sift the gluten free flour, sugar and baking powder into a bowl then stir to mix them.
- Crack the eggs into the mixing bowl and use a fork to mix them into the flour until well combined.
- Now add the milk and whisk well to get rid of any lumps in the gluten free pancake batter. Leave the batter to rest of 15 minutes, then you can get cooking!
- Take a frying pan and place over a medium-low heat. Once the pan is hot, carefully ladle a small amount of pancake mix into the pan to create a pancake shape (approx 2 tbsp of mixture for each pancake). You can have a few pancakes on the go at the same time if your pan is large enough.
- Once the pancake has risen slightly, with small bubbles popping round the edges of the pancake, carefully flip the gluten free pancake and cook for a further minute on the other side.
- Serve your gluten free fluffy pancakes in a stack topped with your choice of toppings. I opted homemade gluten free "Oreo" and white chocolate ice cream, crumbled cookies and warm chocolate spread!
For more tasty pancakes, why not explore some of my other gluten free recipes while you are here:
Enjoy! Laura xxx