A speedy yet utterly delicious meal idea, my gluten free tacos work both for midweek meals and for dinner parties. These maple glazed salmon tacos are lightly cajun and paprika spiced and are served with a yummy pineapple, avocado and pomegranate salsa.
You can whip these meal together in less than half an hour (and I’m allowing for seriously slow prep time there) and if you are a fast worker in the kitchen they’ll take you 15 mins.
For the gluten free tacos, you can actually make these very easily at home using masa harina flour and water (try my Gluten Free Corn Tortillas recipe), or grab a pack from the shops. I really like the Cool Chile Co tortillas and the Old El Paso gluten free tortillas, when I don’t feel like making my own. The latter are slightly larger so you’d probably only need four of those for this recipe, vs six smaller-sized tortillas.
Who’s hungry for sticky maple-glazed gluten free salmon tacos with the freshiest, fruitest salsa in town?! Is your answer is YESSSS you’d better scroll on down for the recipe!
Oh and, before I forget, you can also watch a video of me and Alba (my toddler) making these tacos below :).
If you enjoyed my little video, please do go and follow me on my new YouTube channel!
Maple Glazed Salmon Tacos Recipe (GF)
This salmon taco recipe serves two people, so simply double it if you are cooking for four. You’ll find a full method below, plus some photos to help guide you through the recipe.
Feel free to email me any questions or comments you might have. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on Instagram/Facebook @myglutenfreeguide. I love seeing your home creations, so do tag me on social media if you make and share these.
Lastly, if you enjoy this recipe, I would be really grateful if you could leave a star rating or review on the recipe card below. Thank you!
Maple-glazed, cajun spiced salmon pieces with a pineapple, avocado and pomegranate salsa. Only 15 minutes to make and a great way to up your taco game!
For the maple salmon:
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cajun spice mix
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 30ml maple syrup
- 2 salmon fillets (approx 260g total)
For the salsa and to serve:
- half avocado
- 90g pineapple
- 45g pomegranate seeds
- juice of half a lime
- 1.5 limes chopped into wedges
- a large handful of rocket or pea shoots
- 6 gluten free tortillas
- First up, prepare the salsa. Finely chop the pineapple and avocado and place into a small bowl. Add the pomegranate seeds and lime juice, then mix well to combine. Season to taste and then set aside.
- Remove the salmon skin from the fillets and discard. Chop the salmon into small chunks (about 2cm square) and set aside while you make the maple sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix the paprika, cajun spice mix, tamari, sesame oil and maple syrup together. Pour the sauce into a small frying pan over a high heat. When it begins to bubble, turn the heat down to simmering and stir it constantly until it has reduced, turning from watery sauce to a thicker, glaze consistency. Add the chunks of salmon to the pan and turn the heat back up to high – stir so that the salmon is fully coated in the maple glaze. Continue to cook on a high heat for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally, until the salmon is beautifully glazed and cooked to your preferred level. Remove from the heat and it's time to assemble our tacos.
- To build the tacos, place the tortillas in the serving dish and top each with some rocket leaves and a scoop of the salsa. Finally top each with a few pieces of the salmon, pour any excess sauce over the top (there shouldn't be much) and then serve immediately, with lime chunks for squeezing.
I hope you enjoyed these maple glazed salmon tacos! Why not try one of my other recipes while you are here: