An American breakfast classic with a gluten free twist, my gluten free blueberry pancakes are a winning start to the day! Stack them up high and serve with syrup, or top with ice cream and have yourself an amazing gluten free pancake dessert.
Gluten Free Blueberry Pancakes (Makes 12 Pancakes)
- 150g gluten free plain flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 medium eggs
- 40g melted butter
- 300ml buttermilk
- A small punnet of blueberries (approx 150g)
- Toppings! Golden syrup, maple syrup and/or vanilla ice cream are all delicious on these.
- Sift the gluten free plain flour, caster sugar, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add two medium eggs to the bowl and mix well to combine. Then add the melted butter, stirring to combine, then the buttermilk. Whisk all the ingredients together until you have a smooth, thick gluten free pancake batter.
- Heat a little butter in a frying pan. Once hot, ladle small dollops of batter into the pan. Press a few blueberries into each pancake then cook the pancakes over a medium heat.
- Flip the pancakes when little bubbles start to form and pop on the surface, as the air rises through the batter, and allow the other side to brown for a couple of minutes.
- To serve, stack those pancakes high and get drizzling with syrup! I also like to pop a cheeky scoop of vanilla ice cream and some extra blueberries on top. These gluten free pancakes are too good to resist!
If you enjoyed this recipe, why not try one of my other gluten free recipes including:
- Double Chocolate Swirl Gluten Free Brownies
- Baked Eggs and Beans in Gluten Free Bread Baskets
- Easy Gluten Free Flatbread
- Sizzling Chorizo Pasta Sauce
Happy cooking! x