An American breakfast classic with a gluten free twist, my gluten free blueberry pancakes are a winning start to the day! Have them with fresh berries and yoghurt or crispy bacon and maple syrup for a true American feast.
They are also brilliant for dessert. Stack them up high and serve with golden syrup and blueberries, or top with ice cream. You will soon have yourself an amazing gluten free pancake dessert.
Do I need Buttermilk for These Pancakes?
You can make your own at home if you cannot find it in the shops, using milk and vinegar. See this BBC recipe for details.
Gluten Free Blueberry Pancakes Recipe
Recipe time! If you enjoy these gluten free blueberry pancakes, I would be really grateful if you could review the recipe on the card below.
You’ll find a full method below, but feel free to email me any questions or comments you might have as you work through the recipe. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org – or DM me on social media @myglutenfreeguide.
- 150g gluten free plain flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 medium eggs
- 40g melted butter
- 300ml buttermilk
- 150g blueberries
- Toppings! Golden syrup, maple syrup and/or vanilla ice cream are all delicious on these.
- Sift the gluten free plain flour, caster sugar, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add two medium eggs to the bowl and mix well to combine. Then add the melted butter, stirring to combine, then the buttermilk. Whisk all the ingredients together until you have a smooth, thick gluten free pancake batter.
- Heat a little butter in a frying pan. Once hot, ladle small dollops of batter into the pan. Press a few blueberries into each pancake then cook the pancakes over a medium heat.
- Flip the pancakes when little bubbles start to form and pop on the surface, as the air rises through the batter, and allow the other side to brown for a couple of minutes.
- To serve, stack those pancakes high and get drizzling with syrup! I also like to pop a cheeky scoop of vanilla ice cream and some extra blueberries on top. These gluten free pancakes are too good to resist!
If you enjoyed this recipe, why not try one of my other gluten free recipes including:
- Double Chocolate Swirl Gluten Free Brownies
- Baked Eggs and Beans in Gluten Free Bread Baskets
- Easy Gluten Free Flatbread
- Sizzling Chorizo Pasta Sauce
Happy cooking! x