Brunch fans, this one is for you. I have teamed up with Juvela, one of my favourite gluten free brands, to bring you these brilliant baked eggs in bread baskets. Ever since I developed this recipe my husband and I have been obsessed! It is a perfect gluten free breakfast or brunch dish, warming and filling yet much healthier than a traditional cooked breakfast.
To make mine I always use Juvela Fresh Fibre Gluten Free Rolls or Juvela Fresh White Gluten Free Rolls. The shape and consistency is perfect – they hold together really well and do not crumble when you scoop the centre of the rolls (to make a little hollow for the eggs). The Juvela rolls are large enough to hold a whole egg plus other fillings. Plus they remain one of the best gluten free rolls I have tried.
Coeliacs in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland can add these Juvela rolls to their prescription (depending on the local CCG prescribing policy in your area). See the Juvela website for full information on how to order and for details of the Health Minister’s recent national consultation in England. All Juvela rolls, loaves and flour mixes remain available on prescription in England following the consultation. Hooray!
Baked Eggs in Juvela Gluten Free Bread Baskets (serves 2)
- 4 Juvela Fresh Fibre or White Rolls (two per person)
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 tin baked beans
- Cherry vine tomatoes
- Chorizo or bacon bits
- Preheat your oven to 160C (fan).
- To prepare the bread baskets, carefully cut a circle 2/3 down into the top of each Juvela gluten free roll with a knife. Then use a teaspoon to scoop out the centre. Try to scoop the bread out as a single piece if you can, as it is great for dipping in the egg and beans once cooked. Don’t fret if you end up with multiple pieces though…they will taste just as good. Place the gluten free rolls and roll tops onto a baking tray.
- Spoon a teaspoon of baked beans into the bottom of each roll.
- Then add an egg to each roll, on top of the beans.
- Then top up with extra baked beans. You will probably need 1-2 teaspoons of beans for each gluten free roll but just keep going until they reach the brim.
- The gluten free bread baskets can now go into the oven to bake! Pop them in the centre of the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes depending on how you like the yolk. For a runny egg 20 minutes, for a firmer finish 30 minutes.
- The bread tops will only need 10 minutes in the oven, so give the rolls a head start and then pop the tops onto the tray 10 minutes before the end of your cooking time.
- If you want to serve with some roasted vine tomatoes, then these can go in the oven as well and should take around 15 minutes to turn nice and sweet. Smashed avocado is another tasty, healthy side to add to your yummy brunch plate.
- For a slightly naughtier addition, why not try panfried chorizo chunks or bacon bits.
- Once the Juvela gluten free bread baskets are cooked, remove from the oven and serve straight away with your choice of sides. I like to serve any extra beans leftover from the tin up as a side dish too.
And there you have it! A totally delicious, healthier brunch option that looks so impressive but is simple to make.
If you decide to make this at home don’t forget to tag My Gluten Free Guide and Juvela on Instagram, we would love to see your creations.
Once you’ve made these, why not try one of my other tasty Juvela gluten free recipes:
- Avocado, pesto and sundried tomato canapes
- The Ultimate Baked Camembert Board
- Chilli garlic prawn canapes
- Butternut squash, roasted apple and feta canapes
Happy cooking! x
*This is a paid sponsored feature in association with Juvela. I only ever advertise gluten free products that I personally enjoy and am happy to recommend to you all (I really love these gluten free rolls!). All opinions on www.mygfguide.com are my own and are always 100% genuine.