These gluten free nutella blondies are a delicious bake and a real crowd pleaser. A brown sugar and vanilla gluten free blondies base topped with generous swirls of chocolate hazenut spread. What a winning flavour combination.
I actually use a palm oil free version of Nutella (the Gu Hazelnut & Chocolate spread), but Nutella has become so synonymous with chocolate hazelnut spread it’s easier to call them Nutella blondies!
My gluten free blondies are lovely and fudgy in the centre with a gently chewy crust. No one will ever guess that these are gluten free, so they are a fab bake to make for family and friends. Or just whip up a batch to make your weekend extra tasty! They will keep well for a few days.
Do I Need to Include the Corn Flour/Corn Starch?
I have included corn flour in my recipe as it helps to create the slightly chewy crust on these gluten free blondies. If you don’t have any corn flour, don’t fret, simply replace it with 3 tbsp plain gluten free flour instead. The white chocolate and salted caramel blondies will have a slightly different texture but will still be super yummy.
Gluten Free Nutella Blondies Recipe
This recipe makes approximately 16 blondies (or 12 if you cut them larger). You’ll find a full method below, plus some photos to help guide you through the recipe. However, feel free to email me any questions or comments you might have. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on Instagram/Facebook @myglutenfreeguide. I love seeing your home bakes too so please send me photos of your creations :).
Lastly, if you enjoy these nutella blondies, I would be really grateful if you could leave a star rating or review on the recipe card below. Thank you!
- 200g unsalted butter
- 250g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 large eggs
- 220g plain gluten free flour
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- Pinch of salt
- 180g chocolate hazelnut spread (nutella or similar)
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan). Grease and line (the base and sides with non-stick baking paper) a non-stick brownie tin (mine is 20cm square).
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan then add the light brown sugar. Stir together for a couple of minutes then pour the butter sugar mixture into a large mixing bowl. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and the eggs to the bowl with the butter and sugar - stir immediately to combine the ingredients fully until you have a smooth batter.
- Sift the plain flour, corn flour and salt into the bowl, stir again until you have a thick blondie batter. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and spread it evenly to the edges.
- Microwave the nutella for 30 seconds to make it runnier. Then pour small puddles of nutella on top of the batter. Swirl the nutella through the blondie batter using a knife to marble it.
- Place the blondies in the middle of the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, set the tin aside to cool. Once the tin is cool to touch, you can also pop them into the fridge to speed up the cooling time. When the blondies have cooled, carefully lift them out on the tin and transfer to a chopping board. Cut into 16 pieces and enjoy!
I hope you’ve enjoyed these blondies! Why not bookmark some of my other gluten free baking recipes for another day:
Happy baking! Laura xxx