A young follower of mine on Instagram inspired me to compile this 100% gluten free UK guide. He is a new coeliac and is very nervous about eating at mixed facility restaurants, preferring to stick to dedicated gluten free eateries at the moment but he was finding it hard to pinpoint them.
At 14 years old he brought back a lot of memories for me as I was diagnosed at the same age after being very poorly. So, I realised a list and map of the UK’s totally gluten free spots would be really helpful for all gluten free people.
Whether you are an extremely sensitive coeliac who simply cannot risk a mixed facility restaurant or someone simply wishing to avoid gluten for other health reasons, this guide is for you.
I have laid out this 100% gluten free UK guide with English cities/counties in alphabetical order, then Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, so it should be easy to scroll down and find the place you are looking for.
If you know of any 100% gluten free UK locations that are missing from this guide then it would be super helpful if you could email me (Laura) at firstname.lastname@example.org with details. You can also message me on Facebook or Instagram @myglutenfreeguide.
And remember, if you visit any of these places please double check that they are still fully gluten free when you arrive. Sometimes restaurants change their offerings and you should always check rather than assuming the information here is correct. As per the above, please do let me know if you find any errors by emailing me :).
- Gloof – Ely
- Oak & Maple – Newquay.
Have a read of my Cornwall gluten free guide for more tips about where to find gluten free food.
- Vigour & Virtue – Buxton
- Gluten Free Harbourside – Plymouth
- Jackson’s Gluten Free – Torquay
- Bonne Sante – Plymouth
- Charlie’s Cafe – Barnstaple
For more tips (non dedicated places) have a read of my gluten free Devon guide.
- Akai – Bournemouth
- Bangkok Canteen – Gloucester
For some more Hampshire tips, have a read of my gluten free New Forest guide – we found loads of good places to eat there.
- The Sheldan Inn – Welwyn Garden City
- The Red Lion – Faversham
- Kerry’s Bakehouse & Eatery – Deal
- Oscar & Bentley’s – Canterbury (pictured below)
Lancashire & Manchester
- The Remedy Kitchen – Manchester
- Waive the Grain – Urmston
- Off the Wheaten Track – Altrincham
- The Allotment – Manchester
- Orbis – Oakham
London has loads of fully gluten free spots these days so I compiled a full guide, you can check it out via the link below:
- The Nakery – Liverpool
- Blue Joanna – Norwich *food menu is gluten free*
- Dottie’s Tea Room – Nottingham
- All Mine Cakes by the Lake – Southwell
- The Leaky Teacup – Retford
- Guilt Free Pleasures – Nottingham
- Hopefully Made – Shrewsbury
- Loki Poke – Bristol
- Cafe Nouveau – Frome
- The Green House – Ilminster
- Pie & Tart – Glastonbury
- Sow & Arrow – Clevedon
- Jakery Bakery – Southwold
- Eat Naked – Brighton
- The Golden Cross – Coventry (note: the food menu is 100% gluten free, they serve some gluten-containing drinks)
- The Vegan Street Food Company – Worthing
- Casa – Leeds *fully gluten free food menu*
- Darton Coffee House – Barnsley
- The Cauldron Bistro – Middlesborough
- Kava – Rochdale
- The Oxford Place – Leeds
- Thingy Ma Jigs Coffee Shop – Guisborough
- Wildcraft Bakery – Leeds
- Bored of Sandwiches – Harrogate (their poke bowl menu is fully gluten free, however they have some gluten-containing drinks).
- GF Cafe – Edinburgh
- Pumpkin Brown – Edinburgh
- Sugar Daddy’s Gluten Free Bakery – Edinburgh
- Tupiniquim – Edinburgh
- The Bank Bar & Tapas – Dumfries *fully gluten free food menu*
- Dakhin – Glasgow
- La Choza – Glasgow (food menu is gluten free, drinks are not all gluten free)
- Wheat Free Bakery – Broxburn (must preorder via their website)
- Wild Flours Bakery – Glasgow (pictured below)
For more recommendations from a local coeliac in Belfast, have a read of this blog post by the lovely Gluten Free Fi.
UK 100% Gluten Free Restaurants/Cafes/Bakeries Map
I hope you found the above list helpful! I also created a handy fully gluten free UK map on Google so you can see which venues are near you, see below.
- Gluten Free Travel Guides
- 10 Gluten Free Meal Ideals
- 15 Gluten Free Vegetarian Meal Ideas
- Salted Caramel Swirl Gluten Free Brownies
- S’mores Cheesecake Pots