This feta and chickpea chopped salad bowl is the last in a little lunch recipes series I compiled over on my Instagram account. And it’s a good’un!
Lots of tasty fresh things, all chopped up and mixed together, with the tastiest tahini dressing. It’s simple and delicious, only taking 10 minutes to make.
Either make and enjoy straight away, or prepare in advance. It keeps really well in the fridge for up to three days, stored in a tupperware. So make a big bowlful as the start of the week to enjoy as a standalone bowlful, or with homemade gluten free flatbread or salad leaves.
This feta and chickpea chopped salad would be a brilliant side dish too, alongside grilled lamb or chicken and crispy hasselback potatoes. Or as a nice fresh and healthy addition to a buffet or BBQ spread.
Feta & Chickpea Chopped Salad with Tahini Dressing
The recipe below serves two portions. Feel free to halve, double or triple it if needed, the method remains the same.
And feel free to be flexible about the elements you add to the bowl. You could use beans instead of chickpeas, grated apple instead of pomegranate, pepper instead of cucumber etc. Stick with the delicious tahini dressing and adjust the salad bowl contents as needed.
There are a few photos under the recipe to guide you through it. Any questions while you are making it, please do message me on social media (@myglutenfreeguide) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy this chickpea and feta chopped salad bowl recipe, please leave a review on the recipe card below. It makes a world of difference to me :). And you can also share photos of your home creations in my Cooking Club on Facebook.
Thanks so much! Laura xxx
Great for meal prep or a speedy lunch, this chopped chickpea salad has a delicious tahini dressing and plenty of goodies packed into it.
- 100g feta cheese
- 1 can chickpeas (400g), drained and rinsed
- Half a cucumber
- 3 medium-sized vine tomatoes
- 20 olives (green, black or mix), sliced or halved
- Seeds of half a pomegranate
- Fresh mint (enough for 2 tbsp once finely chopped)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
For the tahini dressing
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- First, make the tahini dressing. Simply add the garlic, lemon juice, oil, honey and 1 tbsp water to a small ramekin. Stir for a couple of minutes until you have a smooth dressing. It may curdle at first, but keep on stirring and it'll become smooth.
- Next, chop the cucumber, tomatoes and feta into small chunks.
- Add them to a large bowl, along with the chickpeas, olives and pomegranate seeds.
- Finely chop the mint and add to the bowl.
- Pour the tahini dressing over the ingredients in the bowl, toss everything so that all gets coated nicely. Then serve! You can also store in the fridge if making for meal prep - it will keep for up to 3 days.
For more tasty gluten free lunch ideas, why not try some of my other recipes:
- Puff Pastry Pizza Pockets
- 10-Minute Rose Harissa Chickpea & Halloumi Warm Salad Bowl
- Halloumi, Mango & Avocado Quinoa Bowl
Enjoy! Laura xxx