Wowie, these churros French toast dippers taste incredible, almost like fried doughnuts with cinnamon sugar! They make the best dessert or brunch and are made using gluten free shop-bought ciabatta rolls as the base. Very quick and easy to make.
I developed this little recipe as part of some work with Schär over on my Instagram account, but am so smitten with these dippers that I had to make it a permanent website feature.
Cinnamon-sugar dusted French toast fingers, with a dipping pot of chocolate spread (or molten chocolate, peanut butter or jam would be epic too). My husband and I absolutely wolfed them down, with zero regrets. They honestly reminded me so much of fried doughnuts, with the flavour of churros.
What Gluten Free Bread Should I Use?
I made mine using Schär White Ciabatta Rolls and they worked just perfectly. If you want to use a different bread variety, go for something that is soft yet holds together well. Otherwise they bread might disintegrate when you dip it.
For that fried doughnut vibe, I highly recommend the white ciabatta rolls I mentioned above.
Churros French Toast Dippers Recipe
You’ll find the recipe for these French toast dippers below. It serves roughly 2 people, simply double triple the ingredients (or halve them for 1 person) if you have different numbers to feed. The method remains unchanged.
I hope you find my recipe easy to follow, but if you have questions, please do message me on social media (@myglutenfreeguide) or email me at email@example.com.
If you enjoy these churros French toast dippers, please leave a review on the recipe card below. It makes a world of difference to me :). And you can also share photos of your home creations in my Cooking Club on Facebook.
Enjoy! Laura xxx
Gluten Free Churros French Toast Dippers
Delicious French toast dippers with a churros-inspired cinnamon sugar coating. Perfect dipped in chocolate spread or jam, as a brunch or afternoon treat.
- 2 gluten free white ciabatta rolls (I used Schar - weight approx 50g per roll)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Optional (for dipping): a small pot of chocolate spread, jam or molten chocolate of your choice
- Knob of butter for cooking
- Slice 2 Schär White Ciabatta Rolls in half, then slice each half into 3 long dipper pieces (you will have a total of 12 dippers from 2 rolls).
- Beat 2 eggs with 1 tbsp milk. Add the bread to the bowl with the egg, and leave to soak for a few minutes until the bread has soaked up most of the egg mixture. You may find it easier doing this a few dippers at a time, but basically you want to ensure all the dippers are nicely soaked on all sides.
- In the meantime, mix 2 tbsp caster sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon, to create your cinnamon sugar dip. And fill a small pot with chocolate hazelnut spread, and place in the middle of a medium-sized serving bowl - set both aside for now.
- Heat a frying pan to medium and add a small knob of butter. Place the dippers in the pan to cook for about 5 minutes, turning them regularly so that all sides of the dippers are nicely cooked.
- Remove the dippers from the pan one at a time, and into the bowl of cinnamon sugar. Turn and toss to coat completely, then place into the prepared serving bowl. Repeat for all the dippers, then enjoy immediately, dunked in the chocolate spread. Yummy!
For more brunch ideas, why not try some of my other gluten free recipes:
Enjoy! Laura xxx