This creamy tomato & chicken pasta is pure comfort food. What’s more, it’s quick and easy to make too! A rich tomato base combined with creamy mascarpone, plus chicken, spinach and cherry tomatoes for an Italian-inspired gluten free pasta dish.
Tarantella asked me to create a recipe using products from their range to celebrate Organic September. All Tarantella’s products are organic and produced without additives, fertilisers or pesticides and are GM free.
I had been working on this creamy tomato pasta dish for a while, but it needed something to give it a boost. As soon as I made the sauce using Tarantella Organic Tomato Passata and Tarantella Organic Tomato Puree, I had found the extra flavour punch I had been looking for. The Tarantella range is made with rich, thick tomato juice, which is the perfect base for Italian-inspired cooking. Needless to say, the final dish is DELICIOUS!
Tarantella has an Italian passion for food and only use the very best quality organic tomatoes from the Salerno region in their products. All that hot Italian sun ensures they are extra juicy and delicious!
The full Tarantella range consists of:
- Tomato Passata (jar)
- Double Concentrated Tomato Puree (tinned)
- Chopped Tomatoes (tinned)
- Plum Tomatoes (tinned)
You can buy Tarantella products from Ocado, Asda, Co-op, Booths, Planet Organic and other independent health food shops.
Can I Make This Dish Dairy Free?
Yes, simply switch the mascarpone for a plant-based cream cheese. That will make it lovely and creamy without the need for dairy.
Creamy Tomato & Chicken Pasta Recipe (GF)
This recipe serves two generous portions with plenty of delicious sauce (so you can probably stretch it to feed an extra mouth if you add a little extra pasta).
You’ll find a full method below, plus some images to refer to as you work through the recipe. Feel free to email me any questions or comments you might have. Contact me at email@example.com or DM me on social media @myglutenfreeguide.
If you enjoy this creamy tomato and chicken pasta, I’d be really grateful if you could leave a star rating on the recipe card below. Thank you!
A rich tomato and mascarpone sauce with roast chicken pieces, cherry tomatoes and spinach. Great with spaghetti or any pasta shape, this is a delicious and speedy midweek meal.
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or oil from jarred sundried tomatoes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 50g sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp Tarantella Tomato Puree
- 300g leftover roast chicken (or cooked chicken breast), chopped into chunks
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 250ml Tarantella Tomato Passata
- 100g mascarpone
- 100g spinach
- 200g gluten free pasta
- Add the olive oil, minced garlic, dried oregano and chopped sundried tomatoes to a high sided frying pan and cook for a couple of minutes over a low heat. Meanwhile, get your gluten free spaghetti cooking, per the packet instructions.
- Next add the Tarantella Tomato Puree, chicken pieces and cherry tomatoes to the pan, turn the heat up to medium and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Pour the Tarantella Tomato Passata into the pan, followed by the mascarpone, and stir through. Heat for 5 minutes until the mascarpone has melted through the sauce.
- Place the spinach leaves on top of the sauce and place a lid on the pan (if you don't have a lid not worries, simply stir the leaves through to wilt them) and steam for a couple of minutes until they have wilted. Then stir the spinach through the sauce. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain your pasta and add to the pan with the sauce. Stir through to coat the pasta with that lovely rich tomato sauce, then serve immediately :).
I hope you enjoy making and eating this mouth-watering pasta dish. Thank you to Tarantella for sponsoring this recipe and sending me their wonderful range to use. The richness of the Tarantella Passata really makes this sauce pop.
For more meal ideas why not bookmark some of my other recipes for later. These ones would be yummy ways to use Tarantella Tomtato Passata:
Enjoy! Laura xxx
*This is a paid sponsored feature in association with Tarantella. I only ever promote products that I personally enjoy and am happy to recommend to you all. All opinions on www.mygfguide.com are my own and are always 100% genuine.