These yummy chorizo, corn and cheddar muffins are a lovely savoury snack or lunch option. I developed them as part of the budget meal plan I am working on, but decided they were so delicious they deserved a recipe post of their own.
Made using frozen sweetcorn, they are a great value savoury muffin to make. And they only use simple everyday ingredients, plus chorizo and cheddar cheese. And with vegetable oil instead of butter, you save even more pennies.
To makes these chorizo, corn and cheddar muffins you will need: gluten free plain flour, baking powder, salt, vegetable oil, yoghurt, milk, dijon mustard, eggs, cheddar cheese, chorizo and frozen sweetcorn. You can use tinned or fresh sweetcorn too (frozen is waaaaay cheaper and works very nicely).
Gluten Free Chorizo, Corn & Cheddar Muffins Recipe (Makes 18)
This recipe will make 18 small muffins. Feel free to half the ingredients if you want to make a smaller quantity of 9 muffins instead.
You will find a few photos underneath this recipe, to give you a visual guide as you work through the recipe. For any other help along the way or if you have questions, please do message me on social media (@myglutenfreeguide) or email me at email@example.com.
If you enjoy these gluten free savoury muffins, please leave a review on the recipe card below. It makes a world of difference to me :). And you can also share photos of your home creations in my Cooking Club on Facebook.
Enjoy! Laura xxx
Gluten Free Chorizo, Corn & Cheddar Muffins
Delicious savoury muffins with chorizo, corn and cheddar cheese. A budget friendly recipe, also gluten free.
- 320g plain gluten free flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 0.5 tsp fine salt
- 2 large eggs
- 75ml plain yoghurt (I used Greek style)
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 200ml milk (I used semi-skimmed)
- 150g frozen sweetcorn
- 150g cheddar cheese
- 100g chorizo
- Preheat the oven to 170C (fan) and line a 12-hole muffin tin and a 6-hole muffin tin with non stick muffin cases.
- Chop the chorizo into very small pieces and pan-fry for a couple of minutes until the fat has rendered (melted into the pan). Then add the frozen corn and cook over a medium-high heat until the corn is lightly charred and defrosted. Then take off the heat and set aside.
- Add the plain gluten free flour, baking powder and salt to a large bowl. Stir to combine fully (to avoid any pockets of baking powder, as this would give you an uneven rise).
- Crack the eggs into the bowl, along with the yoghurt, vegetable oil and dijon mustard. Stir until you have a thick, smooth mixture.
- Now add the milk, 100ml at a time, and stir until you have a smooth batter.
- Grate the cheddar into the bowl and stir through the batter.
- Tip the chorizo and corn into the batter and stir through.
- Now divide the batter between the 18 muffin cases. Each should be about 3/4 full. Then bake for 25 minutes, until puffed and golden. Enjoy warm from the oven!
Any leftovers can be left to cool fully, then stored in an airtight container. Refresh for 30 seconds in the microwave to resoften them when you want to eat them.
For more simple gluten free lunch ideas, why not try some of my other recipe:
Enjoy! Laura xxx