For many of us, Christmas sandwiches have come to mark the start of the festive season! Getting our first bites of those classic Christmas flavours. Luckily, there are usually quite a few gluten free Christmas sandwiches available in shops these days. So welcome to my little round up of what’s available!
I’m currently updating this guide for 2020 and will be able to confirm more offerings in the coming weeks. You’ll find a 2020 section with the confirmed options I know are available, then below a 2019 section with sarnies you could get last year. Hopefully all the gluten free Christmas sandwiches will be available again this year, but check back regularly for updates.
Gluten Free Christmas Sandwiches 2020
Free From Turkey and Trimmings Christmas Sandwich – Gluten Free
- This year’s gluten free festive sandwich offering from Coop is turkey with pork, sage and onion stuffing, cranberry sauce and mayo on seeded bread. Also dairy free.
- Price: last year £3.15 and part of £3.50 meal deal (2020 price tbc).
The first of the Marks & Spencer gluten free Christmas sandwiches has been confirmed as the classic…
Gluten Free Turkey Feast on Seeded Bread
- The classic turkey feast, beloved by many free fromers, is back in M&S this year for the Christmas period.
- Price: £3.90.
Also back again this year and featuring in the Tesco meal deal…
Gluten Free Turkey & Trimmings Sandwich
- This festive offering from Tesco is back again in 2020. Here’s a snap of it from last year.
- Price: £2.75, also part of the £3 meal deal.
And let’s not forget Waitrose…
Gluten Free Turkey Stuffing and Bacon Sandwich
- Turkey breast, pork and chestnut stuffing, cranberry and redcurrant chutney, turkey stock mayonnaise and bacon. Please double check the packaging when you pick one up to be sure you have the gluten free version as the gluten version has almost identical packaging. Also dairy free.
- Price: currently on offer for £2.62, then will be £3.50.
Other Gluten Free Christmas Sandwiches From 2019
Last year M&S has a whopping three varieties of gluten free christmas sandwich, really treating us to a festive smorgasbord! Here are the other two:
Gluten Free Brie & Grape with Ruby Port Chutney on Seeded Bread
- The first of two veggie Christmas sandwiches available in M&S this year, my friend Cristina from @refrainfromthegrain says this is a great little sarnie and even better toasted!
- Price: £3.90.
Gluten Free Cheddar & Chutney
- I haven’t spotted this one in person yet but finally a Christmas sandwich flavour I can get behind! I’m a bit weird with turkey sandwiches and the brie and grape wasn’t tingling my tastebuds. Who doesn’t love a good old cheese and chutney festive sarnie?!
- Price: TBC.
Free From Turkey Lunch (Turkey, Bacon, Pork Sage and Onion Stuffing, and Cranberry Chutney on Malted Bread)
- Launched this week in Morrisons stores, but I haven’t found it in person yet so can’t give much more detail other than IT IS OUT THEREEEEE :).
Gluten Free Turkey Feast Wrap with a Gluten Free Sage and Onion Stuffing
- The only gluten free festive wrap I have spotted this year, I really like the Sainsbury’s gluten free wraps and they are surprisingly filling.
- Price: £3.00.
Starting to feel festive? Why not have a read of some of my other gluten free Christmas guides or even my latest gluten free product finds round up: