This gluten free stir fry sauce is super tasty and is adapted from a brilliant recipe my mum shared with me. For a quick midweek meal, stir fry is always a winner and this particular recipe is one of my favourite go-tos. I have used chicken in this gluten free stir fry recipe but to make it veggie simply omit the chicken and pump up the veggies or add tofu.
Gluten Free Stir Fry (Serves 2 Hungry People)
- 2 tbsp gluten free tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- A small piece of ginger, chopped and peeled.
- Two chicken breasts – chopped into strips
- Half a pack of baby sweetcorn – chopped into 1cm chunks
- A red pepper – deseeded and sliced into long strips
- Tenderstem broccoli – chopped into bitesize pieces
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- First, make the sauce by mixing the gluten free tamari sauce, dark brown sugar, wine vinegar, sweet chilli sauce, ginger and garlic together. Stir well until they are combined.
- Now add you chicken strips to the sauce and let it marinade for a few minutes.
- Take a large wok and add your sesame oil, allowing the pan to heat up.
- Lift the chicken pieces out of the sauce (keep the sauce, set aside until the end) and carefully place them into the wok – cook for 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked on the outside and starting to brown slightly.
- Keeping the heat high, add the sweetcorn, pepper and broccoli to the wok. Stir regularly until the vegetables are starting to soften slightly, depending how crunchy you like them. I cook mine for around 5-7 minutes.
- Now add the sauce and give everything a good stir – check that the chicken pieces are cooked through and then you are ready to serve straight away.
- I like this stir fry best on a bed of rice, then sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds over the top.